Can I have another copy of the software another computer?

Glenbo

It is a good idea but I don't think the necessary hardware is in the eLink or the Elite.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone but each computer has its own unique address (is this the MAC address? (as opposed to Apple Mac)) which is what the software accesses to link to the activation code.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Right guys, having read through this thread I think I now know what to do to swap computers but please tell me if I've got something in the wrong order or missed something vital out.

I bought my wife a new laptop for Christmas and have now inherited her old one which I want to use (almost) exclusively for running RM. This will free up my own laptop (currently running RM) for normal "stuff". Both computers are running Windows 7 and have identical A/V and Spyware set up (Not McAfee!). I'll refer to her old laptop as "new" and my current laptop as "old" from here on.

What I've done so for:

I've cleaned the "new" computer of all unwanted software and set up an email client with a spare email address to be used for RM comms only.

My forward plan in order of tasks:

1. Download evaluation copy of RM to new computer (or load from my CD) and update to latest version. Set exclusion for RM in Avast.

2. Check ports OK with e-link and test it works with one or two locos.

3. De-activate RM on old computer (Do I need to de-activate PRO separately or does it do both in one action???)

4. Re-activate RM on new computer (again what about PRO licence??)

5. Copy all my layouts, progs and loco database from old to new RM folders (what about INI file//)

6. Play RM on new computer.

Many thanks for reading and your thoughts/comments.

Regarding your plan of action, RailMaster will automatically deactivate your Pro-Pack code from your old computer when you deactivate the program. When activating on your new computer you then need to activate your Pro-Pack unlock code separately, after the RailMaster key.

There should be no need to copy the INI file across unless you have made some specific changes to it.

Regarding your plan of action, RailMaster will automatically deactivate your Pro-Pack code from your old computer when you deactivate the program. When activating on your new computer you then need to activate your Pro-Pack unlock code separately, after the RailMaster key. There should be no need to copy the INI file across unless you have made some specific changes to it.

Many thanks HRMS. I know I have my original key with the CD but where will I find the Pro Pack key please?

Presumably in the email HRMS would have sent you after you had paid up for it TUUD.

Edit: I notice you are back Yorkie @ post - And surely each eLink/Elite has its own MAC address?.

Ahh found it now - I thought that would be the case but couldn't see it. Thanks.

OK. Bit the bullet this morning and now all seems to be working on "new" laptop. Thanks all.

Archived