V1.57 Freezing and Not Responding

Hi

I am running on xp,I have a problem with rm freezing and not responding and this seems to be happening since the ver 1.57 update as it was completly fine on ver1.56. Have uninstalled and reinnstalled ver 1.44 from disc which works fine then when i update to ver 1.57 it freezes again ? Can anybody help

Thanks colin

It may not be the program Colin... I have mentioned many times on here that malware/ spyware etc could be the culprit or you may just need an update ... which may not be too likely as Microsoft have stopped support as you may already know for XP.

Anyway, if you search my posts you will find one or two where I mention programs like Malwarebytes/Spybot and or AVG or Avast. ALL FREE by the way. Download them, update them and run them one by one. This will clear any bits of stuff you don't know you have and then check RM again... even if it means reinstalling just one more time. That eliminates other programs or malware etc getting in the way of your update to 1.57. You 'll be surprised how many updates and downloads don't work with this stuff on your system. IE is a classic one that stops working with fake AV programs etc! It may be clean of anything right now but we don't know that so give that a shot and come back and update us. Maybe someone else can offer another tip because this may sound longwinded or drastic but that's OK.

If you are confident it is not any of those things try downloading the update again and installing once more... a download can become corrupt and give an impression it has installed.

Hi

I am running on xp,I have a problem with rm freezing and not responding and this seems to be happening since the ver 1.57 update as it was completly fine on ver1.56. Have uninstalled and reinnstalled ver 1.44 from disc which works fine then when i update to ver 1.57 it freezes again ? Can anybody help

Thanks colin

I had the same problem with update1.57 over the last week. Earlier today an update 1.58 was released too fix some problems. This version appears to resolve Railmaster 1.57 becoming non responsive on XP Pc's. I still have to resolve other problems i have had since this 1.57. update "ruined" a working setup at version 1.53

It may not be the program Colin... I have mentioned many times on here that malware/ spyware etc could be the culprit or you may just need an update ... which may not be too likely as Microsoft have stopped support as you may already know for XP.

Anyway, if you search my posts you will find one or two where I mention programs like Malwarebytes/Spybot and or AVG or Avast. ALL FREE by the way. Download them, update them and run them one by one. This will clear any bits of stuff you don't know you have and then check RM again... even if it means reinstalling just one more time. That eliminates other programs or malware etc getting in the way of your update to 1.57. You 'll be surprised how many updates and downloads don't work with this stuff on your system. IE is a classic one that stops working with fake AV programs etc! It may be clean of anything right now but we don't know that so give that a shot and come back and update us. Maybe someone else can offer another tip because this may sound longwinded or drastic but that's OK.

If you are confident it is not any of those things try downloading the update again and installing once more... a download can become corrupt and give an impression it has installed

Hi

Thanks colin

I had the same problem with update1.57 over the last week. Earlier today an update 1.58 was released too fix some problems. This version appears to resolve Railmaster 1.57 becoming non responsive on XP Pc's. I still have to resolve other problems i have had since this 1.57. update "ruined" a working setup at version 1.53

Hi

Did not know ver 1.58 was available will have a look for that, is it possible to go back to ver1.56 the rm disc is 1.44 then it seems to upgrade straight to 1.57.

Thanks colin

If you are confident it is not any of those things try downloading the update again and installing once more... a download can become corrupt and give an impression it has installed.

Hi

Will give it another try, i must admit i did remove mcaffee prior to installation and have not reinstalled it yet, will do that.

Thanks

With all due respect, just forget 1.57 and update to 1.58 which was released today.

If you are confident it is not any of those things try downloading the update again and installing once more... a download can become corrupt and give an impression it has installed

Hi

Will give it a try, must addmit though i took mc affee off prior to installation and hav,nt reinstalled it yet so will do that.

Thanks colin

Hi

Thanks colin

Hi

Did not know ver 1.58 was available will have a look for that, is it possible to go back to ver1.56 the rm disc is 1.44 then it seems to upgrade straight to 1.57.

Thanks colin

No, cannot go back unless you saved a copy of install/setup program to disk for that version. Railmaster download server only issues the most current version.

Your truly, John

Archived