HRMS - RailMaster Voice Control - missing folder?

Hello HRMS

In the RM guide, page 53/54 is says...

Installation

RailMaster uses the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine, built into all

versions of Windows from XP. The installation within Windows, however, is not complete and additional files must be installed for the RailMaster Voice Control system to work.

If you have a RailMaster 1.56 or later disc then the files needed are contained on it. Ensure RailMaster is not running then navigate to your RailMaster disc’s “SpeechEngine” folder. Within that folder double click on the “setup” program to install the software.

I have RM v1.58 and there is no folder 'SpeechEngine'

PJ

I am not doing so well here ;-(

I am trying to download the file from the link below, as detailed in the RM Guide

http://www.powerpos.com/railmaster/Speech.zip

I am getting Error 404 - Page not found - The page you requested may have been moved or deleted.

Ignore this last bit the link was broken (on 2 lines in guide) should be

http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/Speech.zip

PJ

• 9 months later...

PJ, hi, why in the name of all things, would you want to talk to your trains, unless, that is, you tell your signals, when to change. I cant for the life of me see any reson, on a small layout, to have this facility, if thats what it is. I can understand people at exhibitions, or those with huge layouts, but i talk to myself enough now, without, paying for the  package.  No doubt, 97 people will tell me the advantages. john

PJ, hi, why in the name of all things, would you want to talk to your trains, unless, that is, you tell your signals, when to change. I cant for the life of me see any reson, on a small layout, to have this facility, if thats what it is. I can understand people at exhibitions, or those with huge layouts, but i talk to myself enough now, without, paying for the  package.  No doubt, 97 people will tell me the advantages. john

I agree with you. In fact I find just using the Elite or the Select gives a better 'driving' experience with the locos.

Railmaster is great fun, and a challenge to get everything right.

Let's face it, we are all just big kids getting as much fun as we can from our toys.

Was this ever resolved?

I have just installed  PRO, and when I click the 'mic' a messge comes up that makes no sense to me

Can anyone explain what  shoud do?

Maybe if you give us a clue to what the message said, we might be able to help...

Ray

The tablet does have Windows Speech Recognition.

Admin edit: Image upload failed. Please use one of the image uploaders in the reply box (it isn't possible to drag and drop images on the Forum.

Archived