Help!!! Can't get point motor R8014 working

keven_4ever

Hi all,

I bought a couple of R8014 point motors and R8247 accessory decoders, and plan to use elink and RM to control them, but after two days strugglling, still can't get it working. Please give me some advice. Here is what i did:

connect R8014 to one of R8247 port: red wire to +, black wire to C and green to -. Then connect R8247 to track. Then track is connecting to PROG mode of elink. Finally, when open RM, i can see R8247 has been recoganized, it shows ID 12,1 and 4 ports. But when i click the red circle (test button), the point motor doesn't switch!!! And since it is solenoid motor, i can't use meter to verify what's wrong.

Please give me some advice, thank you very much!

BR/Keven

Hi all,

I bought a couple of R8014 point motors and R8247 accessory decoders, and plan to use elink and RM to control them, but after two days strugglling, still can't get it working. Please give me some advice. Here is what i did:

connect R8014 to one of R8247 port: red wire to +, black wire to C and green to -. Then connect R8247 to track. Then track is connecting to PROG mode of elink. Finally, when open RM, i can see R8247 has been recoganized, it shows ID 12,1 and 4 ports. But when i click the red circle (test button), the point motor doesn't switch!!! And since it is solenoid motor, i can't use meter to verify what's wrong.

Please give me some advice, thank you very much!

BR/Keven

Ok, after call Hornby support, i finally get it working. The trick is that you have to develop a panel with the point in Track mode (not PROG mode). The test port button in PROG mode doesn't work.

Now i have another challenge: it doesn't work again when i use Sprog III which is my final goal as with sprog i can control layout with my own software. Any one has experience before?

BR/Keven

Archived