Recording and playing sounds in RM

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi PJ,

To save further confusion, what is a restrictor - sounds like a snake to me!

5 amp should drive plenty of LEDS as well as amp. Have you got a multimeter? I find mine invaluable working with my MR. You can a decent one for a tenner see here and you can always use it round the house to check fuses etc. If you have one you can measure the current drain from your adaptor by putting it in series with the load.

Don't forget basic LEDs need a series resistor - by increasing the value of this slightly you can reduce the current required to light it and it might make it look better as the result will be dimmer and more realistic for a model.

When you say you are driving the latching relays from the DCC supply, I assume you mean via an accessory decoder as in my diagram?

Terry

Blast... resistor!

Hi PJ,

To save further confusion, what is a restrictor - sounds like a snake to me!

5 amp should drive plenty of LEDS as well as amp. Have you got a multimeter? I find mine invaluable working with my MR. You can a decent one for a tenner see here and you can always use it round the house to check fuses etc. If you have one you can measure the current drain from your adaptor by putting it in series with the load.

Don't forget basic LEDs need a series resistor - by increasing the value of this slightly you can reduce the current required to light it and it might make it look better as the result will be dimmer and more realistic for a model.

When you say you are driving the latching relays from the DCC supply, I assume you mean via an accessory decoder as in my diagram?

Terry

Hi Terry

I purchased one before Christmas, VoltCraft, a decent one about £30 I think. Automatic.

Not used it properly yet due to Christmas and the New Year

PJ

Hi T

I have orderd the Stereo Amplifier and Latching Relay today.

Maplins say it is ok to wire 12v DC direct to the unit.

Not in a rush lot going on but I will have them ready when I get round to it. Another job on my To-do list ;o)

Many thanks

PJ

Hi PJ,  Not done anything on my sound project yet either. have been busy building my Metcalfe station and platform, I want to get something looking like a railway before I start on the clever bits.

TD

Archived