Saving CV values and mobile decoders not in database

PhilA

Hi

I'm new to the forum but have been using Railmaster on and off for a while now.

I've recently reinstalled and updated to the latest version. I started to add some locos and noticed a couple of things:

When I read in the CVs, the values don't now seem to get saved with the loco details. I'm sure they use to. Is this a problem that others have noticed?

Also - When Railmaster reads in CV 8 (manufacturer), it tells me that the decoder is not in the database. Again it not something I remember happening before. Any ideas?

Thanks
Phil

I too, believe that there may be a bug in the current Railmaster release 1.58 as I have a similar issue. When reading Bachmann (Sound) decoder CV's I get 'Decoder not in the Database' error message and the majority of the CV's read are returned as 255. Being sound, the Decoder is almost certainly a Loksound. My Hornby Loksound locos read all OK. I can write to the Bachmann OK (for example volume) and the written values is accepted by the decoder (for example changing sound volume value), but the read back of the changed value returns 255. I use a programming track connected directly to the Elite. To the best of my recollection I don't recall this happening on my original Railmaster version.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue has not been fixed in the recent 1.59 release. My Loksound V4 decoders still return CV values of 255 when read by RailMaster. Even when in a Hornby loco (a correction to my original reply where I said all my Hornby loco's were OK......my Hornby Loksound V4 exhibit this issue too).

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I seem to be having a similar problem, the other night i tried ot read the cv values for my lok sound micro v4 decoder to turn the volume down, it would not recognise the decoder or return any values.  Why can't Hornby get this decoder database updated say twice a year as decoders don't change like computer processor did when they first came out.

I also have the same problem with gaugemaster 6 pin decoders as well.

Would i be better going straight to the support for this query?

Archived