Stuck on 003

Fogger

Are you following the instructions?

Is the prog track clean?

Are the loco wheels clean?

Put the loco you want to rename onto the prog track

set the Elite/Select to 003

does the Elite/Select recognise the loco 003?

reset the dial to the chosen i/d.

I've not listed all the button-pushes. They're in the book of words.

Don't skip any steps!

I haven't set up any locomotives for a while but recall that there are two processes you have to go through whilst the loco is on the programming track, press the loco settings button. This will take you in to the locomotives definitions window.  

Within this window you can set up locomotives and their particular characteristics.  To set up a new locomotive pull down the “Locomotive DCC ID” list and select the DCC ID you have programmed (or will program) for the desired locomotive.  Once you have done this and set the description etc you then need to go into the CV programming section of the process

To read and write CVs, press the button from the Loco settings window (see Setting up Locos earlier). This will take you into the CV listing and editing window.  Select the CV range from 1 to 1 otherwise you will wait forever whilst it reads the whole 255 CV's.  Type in the DCC ID you have selected in the earlier process.  

When you are ready to write the CV you have changed to the locomotive, ie the Loco DCC ID in CV 1 press the write button. And hey presto you've got the loco ID changed.  Well I think that's the correct procedure but someone may correct me.

2e0 has told you the Elite process, I think you can ignore Select. 

Gar has attempted to to tell you the RM process and he is correct to a point. However, you don't have to worry about reading/writing CVs. Once you have set up the ID and description as he says, just press the Save ID button at the bottom of the loco setup screen and you are done. And you will note as you do this that RM issues prompts to help you get it right.

Note to to those who have been reading/writing CVs to change loco ID: you don't need to write directly to CV1, or CVs18/19 to change your loco IDs. Following the procedure above, as described in the manual too, does the CV writing part for you, and there is no need to read CVs as part of it either. There is nothing wrong with writing directly to CV1 to save a short ID, you just don't need to. 

Archived