Lenovo G50-30 Windows 8.1 PC

Does anyone have ant experience of setting up RailMaster with Elink to a Lenovo G50-30 Windows 8.1 PC

Unabble to activate the Elink controller from this PC, have tried different speeds and hardware handshakes without sucess within  the RailMaster and USB Com port configurations. I have also tried  all combinations of startup with the PC and Elink 

Have installed it successfully on my company HP windows 7 professional with no issues.

only thing that appears different is that Windows 8.1 uses the USB Com port and Windows 7 uses a CDC RS232 port

Any assistance gratefully received

regards

I have a Lenovo (flex) Windows 8.1 PC working with eLink (and Elite).  If you read the drivers.pdf file that railmaster installed on your desktop it will explain how to override the default USB drivers.  If you get stuck ask again or contact Hornby Railmaster Support.  Cheers, Dave

I have a Lenovo (flex) Windows 8.1 PC working with eLink (and Elite).  If you read the drivers.pdf file that railmaster installed on your desktop it will explain how to override the default USB drivers.  If you get stuck ask again or contact Hornby Railmaster Support.  Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave

have looked into that but i do not get the CDC RS232 driver installed in Device Manager

I will contact the support team for additonal assistance

Paul

Hi Paul, welcome to the forums. For a start, RM works fine with Windows 8.1 but you may be better off using a USB 2 port rather than USB 3.  Now read on.

I take it in Device Manager, the com port to which RM is connected is showing some driver?  It should be the driver in your RM folder and, if not, select Update Driver and change it to this.  Then make sure RM Setup has the same com port set, and the number is under 5.

Can I also suggest you go to the DCC forum thread titled Majestic with eLink, answer the questions I ask there on setting up RM and make sure all answers are yes.

If still having problems, then email RM Support from in the Help window of RM and tell them all the answers to my questions as these are the first things they will ask you otherwise.  It's importsnt you contact them this way as it will send them setup info on RM when you do.

Hi Paul, I have a new Lenovo Z50-70, running Win 8.1, with Railmaster and eLink. A couple of things to try, I did not use the supplied CD with the software on it, I downloaded the Latest version from the web site, as some one else said don't use a USB 3 socket, only a USB2, and don't connect the eLink via hub, plug it straight into the laptop. Rail works does work ok with win8.1.

Archived