Loco Detection

Please don't stop having your discussions I follow them fairly closely. It will be interesting to see how near the mark you all are, then you can say either I told you so or good grief I didn't see that coming.  

Only time (not too much I hope) will tell. 

Hi WTD

I would never say I told you so. I would also hold my hand up if I am wrong but, you are only wrong if you say, it is this or that, but not if you say I think this because and there is an open discussion.

PJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that PJ but as a total outsider with no interest in DCC, LD etc, I only read it to keep in touch, some of the statements on these threads have gone past the 'I think' stage, that's why I occasionally ask if it's been released so you can all step back a bit. 

Good man

Last five words sums it up well, first of the five more so I think.

And this was a discussion... no money involved!

No one has mentioned the 'Hornby employee' situation this year, not to my knowledge but, it has happened many times in the past.

PJ

I know that PJ but as a total outsider with no interest in DCC, LD etc, I only read it to keep in touch, some of the statements on these threads have gone past the 'I think' stage, that's why I occasionally ask if it's been released so you can all step back a bit. 

Good man

No one has mentioned the 'Hornby employee' situation this year, not to my knowledge but, it has happened many times in the past.

PJ

PJ - stop teasing. We all (global assumption by me) know you are in the beta testing loop but can't say anything of real value to stop us guessing right or wrong, so you keep sending us off down the off-topic route..

Good man

PJ

PJ - stop teasing. We all (global assumption by me) know you are in the beta testing loop but can't say anything of real value to stop us guessing right or wrong, so you keep sending us off down the off-topic route..

Hi RAF

I find it hard at time (shut up Graskie), I never like to take praise, I know there is never need for me to do so but, what I am actually saying is, I would always say 'we' rather than 'me'. So not to say 'me', I say 'we', I think you will follow that but some people don't want 'me' to say 'we', has 'we', being them, as they themselves want to speak 'me', 'me' being them. If you now what I mean.

I would expect John to reply.... we!

But I wasn't referring to John only We, so long as it is not me  ;o)

PJ

Good man

PJ

Stop teasing indeed RAF!

I am not an Hornby employee so was not referring to 'me'. Here 'we' go again.

Some people however at times, not always, wear the hat, Mr Hornby, I think, some try in their mannerism discuss an issue until they eat or throw in their hat. Then as a result of this are basically saying, that's what I say take it or leave it. Is that discussion? Both the first issue and the last can cause conflict if one is not careful and that is not wanted, discussion is the key. I think. I also think I might have taking a little bait here, well there you go the radar scanner is clear. I am just trying to get my layout working, my signals working and look ahead at whether LD will work as I hope it will, I am not beta testing RAF, but with practice I will be better testing.

PJ

Please don't stop having your discussions I follow them fairly closely. It will be interesting to see how near the mark you all are, then you can say either I told you so or good grief I didn't see that coming.  

Only time (not too much I hope) will tell. 

You are so right WTD

Only time will tell, but time waits for no man, time even without a chime or the sound of a cuckoo, in fact today you don't even hear a tick.

We wait patiently with enquiring minds  ;o)

Fish, serving or retired? I had an Akubra hat khaki fur felt and some b*gg*r took it while I slept on a bus. Member to pay! And it's a cheapie. Hardly wore the peaked at all.

National Service 68-71, followed by some 30 years as a civilian in the Defence Organisation.  Peaked is officer pattern and worn almost exclusively after first 6 months of training.  All I've kept are those 2 hats plus some epaulettes from my Mess Kit.

Interesting cryptic comment by HRMS in the v1.60 thread just now on functionality for the future.

Any change to the list of LD programming commands PJ?

Fishy

1 - HRMS have made numberous statements in the thread mentioned, would you like to confirm the actual post/message you are referring to. I naturally don't want to comment on the wrong message.

2 - No change to LD programming commands

Additional comments:-  

It is interesting to note that, in LD set up, we can set up a linked signal, which can be any signal on the layout that has been programmed.

We could then say < On signal Red > / < linked signal x (where x can be any signal) > Do............................

But at this stage the right hand column is not available so we cannot see what the options are.    

It could be... On Signal Red (signal x down the line) RED which stops a change.

But this wouldn't answer the setting of Y, YY and G unless we used on signal R, Y, YY, G and flashing options, do this or that, but that would be long winded and if the signal sequence down the line is changed by signals before the above LD command Red stay Red it would have changed so wouldn't work either.

Setting Y, YY, G in signals could conflict with LD unless one has the priority over the other but, I tend to think it would be last instruction rules.

The other two commands I see in LD are 'Set Clear Signal' and 'Set danger signal' but again we do not know what the right hand column will allow.

Can anyone see anything in the avaialable LD and Signal commands as we see them to stop a Red signal down the line changing due to a Y, YY, G down the line being carried out.

Archived