Loco detection fitting

hi, I've been watching these forums for a while and have got lots of helpful information from here.

like a lot of people on here I'm looking forward to the release (one day) of loco detection, I know that this is probably some way of now but I would love to know how the sensors will be fitted to the track.

I run N Gauge and I want to extend the layout but can't start until either LD is released or information about how it will be fitted.

hopefully Hornby will sort the other aspects of RM that they are working on and get LD out soon :) 

NO, just a little common courtescy, PJ. Its not a bit of use to me, as i dont write programs, any more, than i find myself talking to my trains. Can you imagine the driver of the TGV, approaching Lyon, saying, now train, slow down please. very realistic. john

NO, just a little common courtescy, PJ. Its not a bit of use to me, as i dont write programs, any more, than i find myself talking to my trains. Can you imagine the driver of the TGV, approaching Lyon, saying, now train, slow down please. very realistic. john

That is very realistic John, you put it over very well  ;-)

No, you've got it completely wrong.  LD will send a message back to the central TGV control room.  An operator will look at the screen showing the view from the (formerly) drivers window.  He (or she) will see the TGV is approaching  Lyon so will 'think' that it should slow down.  This thought is transfered by the headset into the computer system which slows the train.  Simple.  Get up-to-date man !  ;-)

No, you've got it completely wrong.  LD will send a message back to the central TGV control room.  An operator will look at the screen showing the view from the (formerly) drivers window.  He (or she) will see the TGV is approaching  Lyon so will 'think' that it should slow down.  This thought is transfered by the headset into the computer system which slows the train.  Simple.  Get up-to-date man !  ;-)

Well put MetmanUK

John is trying to defend spending his money  ;o)   At present he cannot Justify the cost of LD but I am not sure he realises he can start with it, when available, for less that the cost of a TTS Steam train.

But, the good thing Metman is that he is always here in the Loco Detection threads so he is interested really.

PJ

I was referring to the propack, where now with speech recognition, you  talk to your train, or, some people do, and suggesting that it does not happen in real life. I am sure that the real TGV does as you say, but we do not have LR, so at this point in time, PJ, would have to ask his train to stop, and if anybody thinks thats realistic, well............john

I was referring to the propack, where now with speech recognition, you  talk to your train, or, some people do, and suggesting that it does not happen in real life. I am sure that the real TGV does as you say, but we do not have LR, so at this point in time, PJ, would have to ask his train to stop, and if anybody thinks thats realistic, well............john

Hello John

I don't ask my trains to stop, go or anything, I don't even talk to them.

Talking to sound locos is a no no for me. I purchased sound locos to listen to them not put ear muffs on and talk to them.

Is LR French for LD John  ;o)  Just joking you keep putting LR

PJ

Loco detection will work with N gauge (and also O gauge).  The track sensors are retro-fittable.  There is no need to build in loco detection whilst building your layout.  It has been made very easy to fit loco detection to an existing layout so there's no need to delay building.

Thank you HRMS, I'll get cracking on then :)

oui monsieur, cest le recognition de loco john

Yes sir, thats the recognition of loco

Thank you John   ;o)

Did people know that all of our words ending in "ion" are from the French. It is also always a feminine rather than masculine noun in French, eg la, not le (masculine), recognition. See if you can think of any English words ending in "ion" which don't come from the French. I can't think of any but stand to be corrected.

Hi

I cannot speak any other language other than English.

But when in business I used this link to translate and communicate with none English speaking people.

http://www.freetranslation.com/

It is not 100% by any means but, it meant I  knew pretty close what the person in the other country was saying and could reply in their language and ours...

Without opening my mouth   ;o)

Disposer d'un jeu  -  Have a play

PJ

You should have studied languages harder at school PJ. When I left I was fluent in English, Rubbish and Gibberish. 

I WTD

We can see that in your comments on here ;o)

I learnt English and French at school but it was a different French and I have over the years learnt to drop that one. I was distracted at school, it was the girl's fault.

PJ

Archived