Loco detection fitting

You might keep in mind that you will need to drill a 1mm hole between the rails at every point where you want a detector and you will then fix the detectors in these holes.

At least that is the info we have so far.

Interesting. So is it IR-dot, bar code scanner, RFID? Do we know?

Hi

I cannot speak any other language other than English.

But when in business I used this link to translate and communicate with none English speaking people.

http://www.freetranslation.com/

It is not 100% by any means but, it meant I  knew pretty close what the person in the other country was saying and could reply in their language and ours...

Without opening my mouth   ;o)

Disposer d'un jeu  -  Have a play

PJ

I use that app PJ and it seemed to do the trick when I was giving some errant Chinese supplier a bit of stick for tardy delivery (18 months late). Now I have a Chinese neighbour who could probably write me some proper stick words.

You might keep in mind that you will need to drill a 1mm hole between the rails at every point where you want a detector and you will then fix the detectors in these holes.

Hi Michael_A

We will not know any more than we do until the patent is complete, maybe not until manufactured and launched.

PJ

Hi Michael_A

We will not know any more than we do until the patent is complete, maybe not until manufactured and launched.

PJ

Thanks. Wish it would be soon :) (no criticism of Hornby, just excited as I just see this as the next big thing and will, for me, transform RailMaster into something very special)

Hi Michael_A

PJ

Thanks. Wish it would be soon :) (no criticism of Hornby, just excited as I just see this as the next big thing and will, for me, transform RailMaster into something very special)

Hello Michael_A

Please watch and feel free to join in the discussions on the forum.

There is a lot to learn, although most will no doubt be learnt by hands on on our layouts. There is a lot of good with LD, I have been very excited for a long time, I too believe it will transform the way we run our trains but, there are a couple of concerns I have right now, time will tell, we will just have to wait and see.

What is important to remember is RailMaster was not right first time, Hornby has listened and improved to big time from v1.58. LD therefore may not be right first time, there could be niggles and I am sure things to learn.

I am sure we will hear from you again, we hope so, the more people comment and express their views, excitment, queries, niggles, their knowledge, etc. the better for RM & LD and for all.   ;o)

PJ

Hi Michael_A

PJ

Hello Michael_A

There is a lot to learn, although most will no doubt be learnt by hands on on our layouts. There is a lot of good with LD, I have been very excited for a long time, I too believe it will transform the way we run our trains but, there are a couple of concerns I have right now, time will tell, we will just have to wait and see.

What is important to remember is RailMaster was not right first time, Hornby has listened and improved to big time from v1.58. LD therefore may not be right first time, there could be niggles and I am sure things to learn.

I am sure we will hear from you again, we hope so, the more people comment and express their views, excitment, queries, niggles, their knowledge, etc. the better for RM & LD and for all.   ;o)

PJ

I'm kind of getting used to that with RailMaster so am half expecting it with LD too. Bit of a shame it's been a green banana, and I do find it frustrating that so much 'development' takes place 'in the field'. I'm happy to perservere, but can see why the complexity and niggles put people off RailMaster. Thing is, at the price, there is nothing even near comparable, even though the GUI does look like, as somebody recently aptly descriped, something that might be run on a 1980's Spectrum ;)

Hi Michael_A

PJ

Hello Michael_A

PJ

I'm kind of getting used to that with RailMaster so am half expecting it with LD too. Bit of a shame it's been a green banana, and I do find it frustrating that so much 'development' takes place 'in the field'. I'm happy to perservere, but can see why the complexity and niggles put people off RailMaster. Thing is, at the price, there is nothing even near comparable, even though the GUI does look like, as somebody recently aptly descriped, something that might be run on a 1980's Spectrum ;)

Some very valid points there Michael

The green banana was a good example I feel, very slow in ripening but, lets be positive, from v1.58 onwards the software has moved forward, although there still are some green ones in the bunch.

Niggles have put people off, sales of eLinks on eBay show as well as discussions on other forums, but I am not sure how much was pre v1.58.

Hornby do appear to have the best price tag but, it has to work for a person, if it doesn't or delays are to long people will look at and move to other options even if they cost more.

The longer Hornby take with LD, the more chance a competitor has to come forward with a similar system, in rail in sleeper system patent, between rail between sleeper system maybe made to look like a TPWS for example, done sufficiently different to patent it. Others may be Patent pending now we do not know.  

It all makes sense therefore, I think, to wait, and to get to know as much as possible about LD, what it can do, but also what it may not do, how other things are or are not controlled using LD and RM, etc.

PJ

Archived