Platforms in layout diagram

Any way...

Courtesy and thanks to not so idlemarvel I have mangaed so far to add

/media/tinymce_upload/Rael_Dale_Railway_with_stations.jpg

Personally I will not be adding trees etc, it is afterall a mimic plan but station platforms and maybe signal boxes are part of the important items for visualising our layouts.

idlemarvel, thank you.  I have taken a platform straight and urned it 45 degrees but it natuarlly reduced the size. I then took your image to enlarge it without loosing the appearance (not dotty) then made it fit a 50x50  space as before. I cannot share these as I don't have the use of the site you use to share them. May be you may make the matching two in case otherrs have stations on an angle.

Thank you for bring this for us all to share

PJ

Thanks to idlemarvel for the station platforms and buildings.

I am not sure if this will work but I have included the latest image with speed limits set across the whole layout, detailed on the mimic plan.

In the middle of the mimmic plan are who small images in a white box showing a 50mph and a 70mph speed limit sign (signals odd to as to stop direct light sending image dark)  They may look like 2 posts but one is a shadow from the flash. They look good on the layout. ;o)  

All speed limit signs like signals are to the left of the track as a drain drives towards them.

Here goes lets hope it works and you can see everything.

/media/tinymce_upload/Train-tech_Signals_speed_limit_signs.jpg

PJ

Here is how to add platforms to your RM layout diagrams.

Create a 50x50 GIF file with transparent background to represent a platform

(I have made some for you, see end of posting)

Call it for example Button_platform.gif (the Button_... is important)

Copy it into railmaster directory

Go into layout editor

Add a program icon (red/blue/green cog wheels)

Select the your new icon from the sliding selection window.

Leave the program name blank.

Save layout.

Voila!

If you click on platform it will say "program not found"

if you wanted to you could associate the platform with a program to play a sound file like station announcements.

Here is an example picture:

layout with platforms

Here are the files for a north-south platform and an east-west platform.

Button_platform_ns.gif http://1drv.ms/1w7xFo8

Button_platform_ew.gif http://1drv.ms/1tVFG5m

Copy both of these into railmaster directory

Enjoy.

Hi Idlemarvel

I copy both of the items you said and then tried to paste into railmaster but the paste button is not showing so how can i get them into railmaster?

Best Regards

mcrook62

Here is how to add platforms to your RM layout diagrams.

Create a 50x50 GIF file with transparent background to represent a platform

(I have made some for you, see end of posting)

Call it for example Button_platform.gif (the Button_... is important)

Copy it into railmaster directory

Go into layout editor

Add a program icon (red/blue/green cog wheels)

Select the your new icon from the sliding selection window.

Leave the program name blank.

Save layout.

Voila!

If you click on platform it will say "program not found"

if you wanted to you could associate the platform with a program to play a sound file like station announcements.

Here is an example picture:

layout with platforms

Here are the files for a north-south platform and an east-west platform.

Button_platform_ns.gif http://1drv.ms/1w7xFo8

Button_platform_ew.gif http://1drv.ms/1tVFG5m

Copy both of these into railmaster directory

Enjoy.

Hi Idlemarvel

I copy both of the items you said and then tried to paste into railmaster but the paste button is not showing so how can i get them into railmaster?

Best Regards

mcrook62

HOLD DOWN CTRL key and Press V

You must accept paste as Administrator though

PJ

By the way, was the Imp type car it's re-badged cousin, the Sunbeam Stiletto?   My wife's uncle had one, very nippy, but you needed to be quite petite to get in one!

I think it was the Singer Chamois, the Sunbeam Stiletto was similar though.

Editor has stopped me going outside the yellow box - sorry

Singer Chamois (pronounced shammy) was the posh version of the Imp, whereas the Stiletto was a sporty fastback version - how they did that I don't know as the car was next to nothing before they chopped the roof line.

I ran an Imp in Cyprus for 2/3 years first time around in the '60s. It had an 875cc all aluminium Coventry Climax fire pump derived engine in it, with an overhead camshaft that needed you to swap shims out to alter the valve clearances - nightmare job, all whilst working on your hands and knees through a letter box engine cover lid.

The front bit had a fuel tank in there as well as the spare wheel so no room for any luggage, although there was a bit of room behind the back seat for a folding pushchair.

- nightmare job, all whilst working on your hands and knees through a letter box engine cover lid.

It was actually quite easy to take the engine and gearbox out, because the car had the habit of jumping out of gear.  I have forgotten the time it took now but I became quite adapt at removing the engine and gearbox assembly.  You basically disconnected the engine and gearbox from everything, supported it on a cradle of some sort, removed the rear bumper and rear crossmember and then pushed the car forward out of the way.

Is it too late to patent this? :-)

The patent process can take years. - sorry PJ if you are waiting for something!

Hi RDS

Here is an example

http://www.withersrogers.com/pictures/content245/patent_and_tm_time_line.pdf

Could we be half way though a 3 year period?

Wait for everyone to revise their proposed dates for the launch of LD   ;o)

PJ

Don't despair, we got a patent approved in less than a year once when I was at work. A digital data logger for vehicle fleets, no bigger than a cigarette pack installed in each vehicle recorded driver details with a pin number, speeds and fuel usage etc. 

Archived