Elink/Railmaster Problems

Bigwink

The light on my Elink keeps flashing, and there appears to be no communication with any locomotive on either the prog or track conections.  I have tried different cables, usb ports and even completely uninstalling and reinstalling Railmaster and related drivers to no avail.  Help!

The light on my Elink keeps flashing, and there appears to be no communication with any locomotive on either the prog or track conections.  I have tried different cables, usb ports and even completely uninstalling and reinstalling Railmaster and related drivers to no avail.  Help!

Welcome to the forum...

When attempting to use different ports you should use the lowest numered port you can, either 4 or under. Different USB cables are extremely unlikely to offer up any difference... they rarely go wrong or are the wrong type. If the laptop or PC is new and has USB 3 ports try using USB 2 instead as some USB ports on new machines will ONLY run USB 3 equipment, contrary to what either the shop, brochure or experts say! Trust me...

From the limited info in your post I would tempted to test the power supply if you can to see if enough juice is getting to the unit (eLink). If you have, or know someone who has, a multimetre then simply plug in the supply to the wall outlet and test using the correct settings. Even a trip to Maplins and a kind ask may just offer up a free test for you.

Bw, as AC says, you may have a fault developed.  I suggest at this stage, the best thing might be to contact RM Support by email from within the Help window of RM.  That method sends them your log file so they can see what is going on.

Usually they ask a few questions to ensure you have your setup right in the first place.  You can checkout the sort of thing by going to page 2 of this forum and see what I asked a newcomer in the thread called Majestic with eLink. If you tell them the answers to those first up, it could save a little time.

Archived