iPad App and iOS8?

I am having problems getting the HH app to work on my iPad2, running IOS8.

It goes through "receiving locos" and then stops, displaying "connectiing to 192.168.1.123:51"

Railmaster is added to both AV and firewall exceptions and I deleted the app and resintalled but its still the same.

My router fixes the ip address to 192.168.1.123, and so never changes on my computer.

This is the first time I've tried using it since IOS7 and 1.56, when it was working.

Any suggestions please?

On the subject of I-pad apps, I have an adaptor allowing me to plug a usb cable into my ipad. Can I download an AP onto my Ipad to run RM on the Ipad, connected to the ELink WITHOUT a laptop being involved anywhere? 

It would be nice to use an ipad and elink at exhibitions without taking a laptop!

Tony, is your hand held app working on your iPad with ios8?

I do not believe there is anything that would aviod having to use a laptop (and wifi router) at an exhibition for eLink control via the iPad.

No dgilbert, I have problems running RM with the wifi on the laptop switched on, so I have never bothered to download the APP. Pity about no proper app for the ipad, it would have been cool to use the ipad instead of the laptop... Never mind, something for the future perhaps.

On the subject of I-pad apps, I have an adaptor allowing me to plug a usb cable into my ipad. Can I download an AP onto my Ipad to run RM on the Ipad, connected to the ELink WITHOUT a laptop being involved anywhere? 

It would be nice to use an ipad and elink at exhibitions without taking a laptop!

HRMS have made it clear for some time that they have no plans for RM to be run under any OS except Windows, and that's "proper" Windows, not even the cut down tablet versions.

Just on RM being unreleliable with your wifi turned on, have you reported this to HRMS to see if they can help?

HRMS have made it clear for some time that they have no plans for RM to be run under any OS except Windows, and that's "proper" Windows, not even the cut down tablet versions.

Just on RM being unreleliable with your wifi turned on, have you reported this to HRMS to see if they can help?

No, when it happens again I will. I've been waiting for a proper ipad app, but if there will never be one I may have to rethink my plans...

FIXED :-)

Hi

Thanks to clues from HRMS I have now managed to find out what was upsetting my iPads. In summary I have one loco from Norway "Bo-Bo Flåmsbana NSB EL17". All I had to do was change the character "å" to "a" in the Name field and bingo, it worked!

My iPad now works fine, but it does not like the å character which stops the APP from loading.

At least we got to what was causing the problem!

Archived