Railmaster not working fully

all,

I'm running Railmaster with elink on Vista. I installed elink yesterday. The Railmaster pack which I registered will run the train associated with the set I bought but will not allow me to add more engines manage system functions etc . Its as though the buttons that supply this functionality have been 'switched off'. When running the evaluation pack it initialised the locos, it hasn't done so with the registered pack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gearoid, welcome to the forums.

Just to ensure you have everything set up correctly, tske a look at page 2 of the DCC Forum at the thread Majestic with eLink and make sure you can answer yes to all the questions I have asked in my first post there.

Now I have another question - you say you can't add locos, then explain how you got the first one there and what is now different please?  Also, what do you mean by initialising locos?  By rights, the only difference between evaluation mode and activated is that you can put in more locos and points, otherwise functionality should be the same. 

Just to ensure you have everything set up correctly, tske a look at page 2 of the DCC Forum at the thread Majestic with eLink and make sure you can answer yes to all the questions I have asked in my first post there.

Now I have another question - you say you can't add locos, then explain how you got the first one there and what is now different please?  Also, what do you mean by initialising locos?  By rights, the only difference between evaluation mode and activated is that you can put in more locos and points, otherwise functionality should be the same. 

Hi Fishmanoz,

firstly thank you for the welcome, re your question as to how the first loco got into Railmaster. By default when I ran the evaluation pack and specified the Hornby trainset type it automatically set it up as the first one. It also outputs a message 'Initialising Locos' each time the elink controller is reset. But it doesn't do this in the registered pack. When I press the button to enter the Loco maintenance software it behaves as though its been pressed but does nothing. I'll take a look at your suggestion re the majestic with elink thread and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help

Archived