Windows 10

Even if it is, and i am sure. it will be, the problem will not be with RM, it will be persuading people to upgrade, after the disaster of windows 8. Microsoft, originally  released   cost to upgrade, but are now offereing free, as they realize  the size of their task to persuade any of us windows 7 , devotees to move. They will need a massive uptake, if it is to have any chance of success.  Testers of the new product, currently appear divided. john

Hi John

Due to the lack of sales with Windows 8 it is going to be FREE....

Microsoft has revealed that Windows 10 will bring its voice-controlled assistant Cortana to PCs.

It also unveiled a headset that it said would one day project the operating system over views of the real world.

In addition, the firm announced that the OS upgrade would be offered free of charge for devices running Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Phone.

The offer, which is limited to the Windows 10's first year of release.

It marks a change in strategy from Microsoft's previous policy of charging for major updates, and could help avoid a repeat of the relatively slow uptake of Windows 8.

PJ, please dont ask me to belive that you are that gullable. It was not originally going to be free.  My colleague is one of  those testing system for microsoft. so i am.  aware of the history. They need us windows 7  people to come aboard, and are trying a novel way to attract us. They dont have to attract the windows 8 people, they are only too pleased to escape. john

PJ, please dont ask me to belive that you are that gullable. It was not originally going to be free.  My colleague is one of  those testing system for microsoft. so i am.  aware of the history. They need us windows 7  people to come aboard, and are trying a novel way to attract us. They dont have to attract the windows 8 people, they are only too pleased to escape. john

Hello John

I have had every version of Windows from version 3, been through the trouble periods like many others. I have found Windows 8.1 alright, just different, but so were some of the other versions as we know to well. I am aware a lot of people had problems with Windows 8.0 but 8.1 seemed to have fixed those problems, version 8 problems I am sure are responsible for people not moving forward.

I will not be rushing to update but, will have twelve months to wait aand see how it goes.

PJ

I'll be updating one pc and trying it before jumping in with both feet, but I will always have my trusty XP laptop sitting in the wardrobe on permanent standby in case there is a need to update my Elite again as it is the only thing I have that will do it.

Some will remember my previous use of this term, peculiarly Oz.  It is a rumour with no foundation in truth.  It comes from the ANZACs at Gallipoli, something  I didn't explain last time.  The water trolley was Furphy brand and all the rumours started from the troops gasbagging around the trolley, hence they were furphies.

Archived