Is RailMaster available as a Download?

i've replied TWICE to this now to say you confusing phono plugs and headphone plugs. They are NOT the same. I included links to examples which may be why my posts have been  dumped by the system.

If you google "Phono plug" and then "3.3mm Jack plug" you will see the difference. The 2 or 3 bands on the jack plug are for the mono and stereo versions - 2=mono, 3=stereo. Hope that helps.

I've just added another post with images

Hi Teedoubleudee

I am not sure who you are suggesting is confusing Phono and Headphone plugs but if it is me, I can assure you, I know the difference.

I am not aware though of a 3.3mm Jack Plug.  I referred to insulating bands (i.e. the usually black bands between each conductor) not the conductor, on the 3.5mm Headphone plug and that is why you have two for mono and I have one etc.

I referred to Phono inputs on the HD TV and an AV output.  The AV output would most likely be a 3.5mm socket on the Camcorder.

Hi RDS,  Firstly sorry for the typo, 3.3mm should have read 3.5mm.

You said in a reply to Graskie

"Does your HD TV not have Phono inputs (usually Yellow, Red and Black or White) because that should connect to your AV output (This is usually 3.5mm, same size as the socket for headphones but has an extra band on it......."

They might both be a similar size but I'm sure you will agree that they look and connect totally differently. Whereas all the electrical connections on a jack plug are all on a single barrel, the phono plug has a centre barrel connecting the signal and an outer tubular (for want of a better word) connector for the ground return.

Though you and I know the difference I felt your description might confuse others reading your post. Please don't take offence, I was just trying to make the difference clearer.

Hi Teedoubleudee

That's fine, I understand.

I was actually meaning that the connection could be made using a Lead, with Phono's at one end (to plug into the HD TV) and a 3.5mm AV Jack Plug at the other end (to plug into the Camcorder).

I think I have every adaptor known to man. For camcorder to telly you can use a 3.5 mm AV Jack to 3 x RCA Adapter, if your camcorder and telly have the required sockets that is. Your TV destruction manual (which you should keep in a cabinet under the telly) will you the connections you have, and how to select the input.

I have an LG smart telly and an LG smart Blu-Ray player. I bought the same make to avoid pratting about later when I wanted them to connect.

Both have WiFi direct to talk to each other, but they both ask for an HDMI connection before they can do that. When the dialogue screen is up for one it masks the dialogue screen for the other, that it is saying goto this other (can't see it now) screen to acknowledge connection. - ARGGHHHHHHHH.

My HP/Canon/Anyothermake printer is WiFi, but has to connect to the PC via USB before it knows who it is and where its supposed to connect to.

Smart technology  - I hate it.

Archived