Hornby Basic Decoder Functions

Vonsworld

Hello

I have a couple of Hornby Locos which came with DCC fitted, like a Class 08 shunter. The decoder itself seems to be a small basic decoder which is hard wired to the Loco and only has the basic Black, Red, Orange and Grey wires.

However there are unused solder tabs on the edge of the decoder, therefore is it possible to solder wires to these to provide functions such as directional lighting?

Also does anyone know what the 'R' number is for these decoders so that I might be able to download a manual?

Are you sure it is hard wired?  It is via a plug in my 08.

I think you are right about those solder lugs being the function outputs.  Try taking a look at a photo of the 8249 to see where the connections are on it.  You are of course looking for the White, yellow and blue wire positions.

Are you sure it is hard wired?  It is via a plug in my 08.

I think you are right about those solder lugs being the function outputs.  Try taking a look at a photo of the 8249 to see where the connections are on it.  You are of course looking for the White, yellow and blue wire positions.

Just to complete this thread, I've discover that this decoder does support the lighting functions.

You just need to solder your white, yellow and blue wires onto the empty solder lugs. 

The lugs are numbered 4 for yellow, 5 for white and 6 for blue.

Thanks for all your replies :-)

Archived