R8247 Accessory Decoder Not Working

Basherboy

Hello and Good Evening,

Any help or advice on this problem would be great!

I am using railmaster with the e-link.

I have the hornby decoder and four surface mounted point motors installed the first one in port one and all programmed and working fine, now all of a sudden it no longer works, i have connected the decoder back on the programming track and it reads the decoder ok but when clicking on test port it does nothing.

i am a novice to all this so it is usually me doing something wrong!

Many thanks for your time

Sounds like you may have a faulty decoder for return under warranty?

The fact it was working and now isn't is pretty telling.  And as you were using it on the default ports 1-4, it's not likely to be a programming issue because you weren't actually changing anything. 

Sounds like you may have a faulty decoder for return under warranty?

The fact it was working and now isn't is pretty telling.  And as you were using it on the default ports 1-4, it's not likely to be a programming issue because you weren't actually changing anything. 

Thank you for the advice, i will return product for an exchange 

Hello and Good Evening,

Any help or advice on this problem would be great!

I am using railmaster with the e-link.

I have the hornby decoder and four surface mounted point motors installed the first one in port one and all programmed and working fine, now all of a sudden it no longer works, i have connected the decoder back on the programming track and it reads the decoder ok but when clicking on test port it does nothing.

i am a novice to all this so it is usually me doing something wrong!

Many thanks for your time

When you  say you were "clicking on the test port", did you switch it back to the main DCC circuit first or was it still on the programming track? The manual isn't clear on this, but I would have thought you need to be on the main DCC circuit for these buttons to work. Maybe HRMS can confirm this?

Ray

Yes Mark, try it on the DCC circuit.

Ray

Hello again, Mark,

Yesterday, I had occasion to re-program a R8247 on my programming track, and I can confirm that you need to switch it back from the programming track to the main DCC circuit in order to use the test buttons in the accessory decoder programming window.

Have you tried that ? Let us know how you get on.

Ray

Yes Mark, try it on the DCC circuit.

Ray

Hello again, Mark,

Yesterday, I had occasion to re-program a R8247 on my programming track, and I can confirm that you need to switch it back from the programming track to the main DCC circuit in order to use the test buttons in the accessory decoder programming window.

Have you tried that ? Let us know how you get on.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Thank you so much for your help and advice, been working on it today and connected it back to the dcc circuit and all now working great, all four point motors tested and ok

Thanks Again

Mark

Archived