Double Heading not working with Programs

I have two shunters that I wish to use as a pair but they have very different motor characteristics.

If I set them up as a double header, moving one slider on the screen moves both controllers to identical speed values and one loco drags the other along.

I make full use of programs / schedules to run my layout.

I set up both locos with 'cruise speeds' that perfecty match each other (25 and 18) and mark them as double headers. If I use a program to move either loco,  only the specific one indicated moves its slider and the other one stays a zero.  Result being - One drags the other along.

Is this a known limitation of the current Release.

Updated version of the above.

I have two shunters that I wish to use as a pair but they have very different motor characteristics.

I make full use of programs / schedules to run my layout.

I set up both locos with 'cruise speeds' that perfecty match each other on the track (25 and 18) and mark them as a double header. If I use a program to move either loco at cruise speed,  only the specific one indicated moves its slider to its cruise speed and the other one stays a zero.  Result being - One drags the other along.

If I press the 'cruise button' on one loco control screen, both loco controllers move to the cruise speed value of that selected loco. Result being - One loco drags the other along.

Is this a known limitation of program control in the current Release.

I could set up a cruise speed command for each loco 0.5 secs apart but that seems messy.

Archived