Class 40 Empress of Canada TTS

Hiya,

I am assuming you mean sounds through Railmaster. When you insert your loco into the loco list in RM, you should search for the loco in the Hornby database by its Rxxxx number. When it finds it for you, it will populate all of the functions for you, before you save the details.

Admin do you want to move this thread to Railmaster Forum?

Ray

Hiya,

I am assuming you mean sounds through Railmaster. When you insert your loco into the loco list in RM, you should search for the loco in the Hornby database by its Rxxxx number. When it finds it for you, it will populate all of the functions for you, before you save the details.

Admin do you want to move this thread to Railmaster Forum?

Ray

Now received Empress of Canada TTS but struggling to get full sound benefit. Have imput on DCC Select and get a few sounds but when placed on full track with e-link it doesn't want to imput all sound functions.

Any suggestions please

Is the class 37 listed on RM? if so try that short term to access all the functions (you could even try Cock O The North if you really get stuck). Failing that wait for an update or set it up in RM yourself. On a Select you will only be able to access the first 8 functions

Now received Empress of Canada TTS but struggling to get full sound benefit. Have imput on DCC Select and get a few sounds but when placed on full track with e-link it doesn't want to imput all sound functions.

Any suggestions please

Is the class 37 listed on RM? if so try that short term to access all the functions (you could even try Cock O The North if you really get stuck). Failing that wait for an update or set it up in RM yourself. On a Select you will only be able to access the first 8 functions

Any suggestions please

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I had taken delivery of my Class 40 Empress of Canada, and that I had successfully configured all of the sound functions into Railmaster 1.60 Rev 1. On Thursday, I had it running-in for a half-hour or so, then I parked it in a siding because I needed to do some major track re-laying. On Friday, having completed half of the track re-laying, I decided to give the Empress another run.

I hit the sound on function - nothing

I tried to move it in both directions - nothing

I tried many of the individual sound functions - nothing.

I tested the siding where the loco was standing - there was power there.

I moved the loco to my programming track, and tried to read CV8 - error

I tried to read CVs 1-8 - error

There was power to the programming track.

Has anyone any other suggestions before I return it to HCC ?

Ray

Reset CV8 to 5 initally - this will reset the sound CVs to default. If that is  a no-go then reset CV8 to 8 which will set the complete decoder back to default address 3.

This presumes that all your other locos behave OK including if you put them into the dodgy siding.

The last bit of advice is that whenever you have done anything in the way of changes to RM, that you restart both your PC and the RM which generally  clears all their heads for a new day.

My RM gets downloads but still seem to be on 1.60  and still does not auto fill functions on R3286TTS. How do I get 1.60 Rev1 and should I, given the comments re causing problems elsewhere?

Direct download Revison 1 to v1.60 from here www.Powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe then right click and install with Admin rights.

Railmaster only updates itself with full versions, not these minor revisons. If you hover your mouse over the v1.60 in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and the revison number will appear. Without looking on the other pc I can't remember if it is version1.60 - revision1 or is it revision1.60 - version1.

I have it installed and haven't seen any problems.

Archived