RailMaster - TrackMaster

Unfortunately you can't chalky.  The actual layout produced by TM is quite different to the conceptual layout you make up in RM.  The RM layout doesn't have anywhere near the range of different track pieces and points that are needed to design an actual layout in TM, nor does it need to.

Once you start, you'll find it takes only a little time to design you RM layout, either from scratch of by starting with and modifying one of the layouts already supplied.  If you modify one, don't forget to save it to a new name or you'll lose it when RM upgrades.

A shame really Fishy as I'm sure many people would start by concepting a layout in TM by piece parts then want to import this into RM.

SCARM has the facility for both actual piece part track design and 'lego' schematic design so the concept is possible.

Maybe Hornby is missing a trick here. By that I mean you draw up your layout in accurate piece part form then press a convert button to have it transform to RM schematic form so you can import it into RM and populate such areas as points, signals, etc

I may have had a good idea here for once.

Archived