decoder problem

Victor, on the track output, not the programming output, move the switch on one port to Learn, throw only the point you want it to control by clicking on the point button, put the switch back to Run, and that port should now throw that point when you click on the button again.  Does it?

Now repeat for the other 7 ports and points.

Victor, on the track output, not the programming output, move the switch on one port to Learn, throw only the point you want it to control by clicking on the point button, put the switch back to Run, and that port should now throw that point when you click on the button again.  Does it?

Thanks will try again and let you know how it goes

Hi

Sent the decoder back it turned out to be faulty. New one on the way.

Can you tell me  if I want two points to work to gether I just have to wire both  points into  the same connections.

Do I then set the AD-S2fx to set and flick each point or do I have to do each one on its own then join the wires.

Vic

Just wire them together Victor.  You will still have to set them up with different point numbers in Layout Design and clicking the point buttons on either will then throw both.  If one goes the wrong way for what you need, swap the + and - wires on that one.

Fishy,

Victor said he had the 2 model not the 8!

Just wire them together Victor.  You will still have to set them up with different point numbers in Layout Design and clicking the point buttons on either will then throw both.  If one goes the wrong way for what you need, swap the + and - wires on that one.

Fishy,

If the two points are a crossover, then they should be set up with the SAME point number in layout design, that number being the one for this decoder port. When the decoder learn switch has been set to the learn position, it is only necessary to press EITHER the green or red button of either point configured with that port number. If the two points are at each end of a passing loop, as discussed on another thread, it becomes more complicated. The two points should still be wired into the same decoder port, but extra steps need to be taken to get the blue/grey route indicators to reflect the actual point positions on the layout diagram, and even then Propack may be needed.

Ray

Archived