railmaster and elink

Hi, I have tried and tried to activate railmaster, having followed all the instructions, and it fails to activate, it states that I have entered the wrong code which I haven't. I am running windows 8.1 and the latest version of elink.Can anyone help me please or put me on the right track (pardon the pun).

Ray

Chances are you have a conflict with your anti-virus. Is by chance your Anti-virus McAfee or Norton products (these are known to cause issues). Have a look at these two resources.

1) The Security PDF manual installed as part of the RM manual pack (regarding configuring an exception).

2) https://www.hornby.com/forum/railmaster-setting-up-and-getting-started/?p=1

Also, did you install RM to 'Run as Administrator'. Doing this is crucial.

Chances are you have a conflict with your anti-virus. Is by chance your Anti-virus McAfee or Norton products (these are known to cause issues). Have a look at these two resources.

1) The Security PDF manual installed as part of the RM manual pack (regarding configuring an exception).

thanks for that one, I'll give the link a lokking at and see what gives, thanks again.

thanks for that one, I'll give the link a lokking at and see what gives, thanks again.

Hi and thanks for the input, I carried out your recommendation and found that the Firewall was the culprit, and now I am back and running!.

Thanks again

Ray

Ray,

I'm really pleased that you were able to resolve it so quickly. These security configuration issues can sometimes be a real pig to track down and correct. Well done !!!

Chris

PS - Thanks for coming back to confirm your problem resolution, not everybody does. Sometimes it is like posting into a black hole.

Ray,

Just one final note for future reference. In order to minimise the amount of text duplication e.g the yellow box text. When replying, it is not neccessary to use the Blue reply button every time. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and put your reply in the big white reply text box and use the GREEN reply button.

It saves space and makes reading the replies easier, particularly when your new reply text gets trapped in the yellow box, as it did in your final post.

The Blue button is used when you need to reply to a specific point that you want to reference, or your reply is not going to be directly below the post being replied to. For example, where there has been a multitude of replies and you are responding to a much earlier post in the thread.

thanks very much you guys for the replies, its reasuring to know that this site has a tremedous amount of information to offer and to the chaps who offer it.

Its the members who make sites like these and its appreciated by me and I would say alot more besides, thanks again everyone.

Ray

ps, I've taken the good advice and pressed the 'green' button.

Archived