Semaphore Signals

Hi , I am new to all this so I hope this topic will appear in the correct section.

Is there anybody using Dapol semaphore signals via a Train Tech SC3 , I have no problem using them via the screen , even together with points , the problem arises when I try to incorporate them into a progam ,when played back the signals do not function ( the mimic diagram shows movement ) .The ports are configuered as NCE single units .

I have contacted Hornby support and am waiting for their latest reply , I did suggest to them that I will put the topic on the forum to see what it brings up .

If I recall correctly, the Dapol semaphores need constant power, so the tiny motor inside can 'wind' the mechanism to the other end. A short pulse of power won't do anything.

Don't forget, the motor in the signal automatically reverses itself, so it goes the other way on the next dose of volts. Also, if the power goes off, the led light goes out as well.

How you would set that up with a train tech I don't know. I use a simple toggle switch!

Yes, I understand what you are saying I also started with switches .However I understand that the railmaster software sends the pulse which is then converted by the SC3 to operate the signals . This all works perfectly until I try to use the same functions within  the programming facility  , even using the sample tracks and programs , the signals still fail . I have replied to support about using a simple single line input (still fails ) in the program , and am waiting for the response.Am I the only one trying to use these devices.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks all, finally got the signals working using a program .I did eventually find more info  in the forum from last year , it just shows searching is not necessarily simple but you have to try different ways of phrasing the question . For ease of understanding I have itemised my procedure .

Got out old Select unit and used it to reprog Train Tech SC3 to ports 69and 73 ( were 63 and 66) .

Put track plan into edit and added new signals ( 69 and 73 ) , I did not put a decoder type in the info box for either signal .

Track plan back to running track , new program written and all is working ok .

What is the difference , donn't know will just use this method in future .

P.s early on in this thread it was suggested my entry be moved to RM , how and who does it .

Archived