Android tablet issue

Hi

Trying to get tablet to work with railmaster. Have got app on tablet but no track plan or locco list show, I have a black background where track should be and two throttles but no list.

When I open settings by clicking settings tab I can see the ip it is trying to connect to. I want to change this ip to my laptop ip but when I click the ip address nothing happens. The back button doesn't work either. The only button that works is the restart button. Also the blue settings button shown in the instructions does not do any thing

I have just downloaded chrome from the play store. Tablet is Android 4.1.1 Go Clever Terra 70.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I don't use a tablet but I briefly tested one on my layout many months ago.

If I remember correctly, the tablet just connects by WiFi to the main PC that is running RailMaster.

Mr B, you are clearly not connected between tablet and laptop.

When you open RM on the tablet, you should be able to press the dot button for settings and edit the Server IP Address to match the address of your laptop/PC that is running RM, and you should have already made that address fixed.  You don't make it match your router address.

Mr B, you are clearly not connected between tablet and laptop.

When you open RM on the tablet, you should be able to press the dot button for settings and edit the Server IP Address to match the address of your laptop/PC that is running RM, and you should have already made that address fixed.  You don't make it match your router address.

Hi Fishmanoz

One of the problems I am having is that the dot button does not do anything. I have to wait for the app to install then press the settings tab which opens up the settings page. When I then press on the server ip to change it nothing happens, or if I press on the port or the other 3 settings nothing happens. The only button that does anything is the restart button, which restarts the process again.

I have tried to change the laptop TCPIP 4 to the ip stated in the help files and all that does is disconnect me from the internet.

Any more advice welcome

First advice Mr B is there is no need to use the blue reply to a post button, just use the green one and the White box at the bottom as I have.  If you do use the blue, make sure you click in the white area at the bottom of the reply area, then do a carriage return before you start typing, then your reply will be in white, and it will be separated from the yellow box so we will have no problem seeing what you are saying.  But there is no need to repeat my post anyway, it is there already for all to see.

I thought that may have been the case but just checking.  I suggest you email RM Support from within the Help window of RM and see what they have to say.  Describe fully what you have done already to set up or they will likely first check if you have done those things you have already done.

First advice Mr B is there is no need to use the blue reply to a post button, just use the green one and the White box at the bottom as I have.  If you do use the blue, make sure you click in the white area at the bottom of the reply area, then do a carriage return before you start typing, then your reply will be in white, and it will be separated from the yellow box so we will have no problem seeing what you are saying.  But there is no need to repeat my post anyway, it is there already for all to see.

I thought that may have been the case but just checking.  I suggest you email RM Support from within the Help window of RM and see what they have to say.  Describe fully what you have done already to set up or they will likely first check if you have done those things you have already done.

This is how a blue reply with yellow box should look.

I had another go today and came to the conclusion that it must be my tablet that is the problem.

I have managed to get everything working on an iphone and a samsung android phone without any issues.

Why it won't work with tablet is beyond me, hopefully RM support can help.

Steve

Oft-times it seems to be the hardware coupled with a pre-software installation that is the problem not just the basic software.

I have 2 HP desktops one pre-loaded with Win 8, the other an upgrade from a pre-loaded Win 7, now both at Win 8.1 and neither will upgrade my Elite, although an old XP laptop does it every time.

I am firmly behind the statement that RM works with all versions of pure Windows, but that it does not with all pre-loaded versions on some platforms. Whatever these special installs have hidden indoors seems to fudge the RM system at times.

Archived