E-Link and Railmaster Loco removal

After a lot of messing about trying to download Railmaster and getting nowhere with trying to input the product key, I discovered that my anti virus software firewall was preventing the correct operation ..... Turn it off and hey presto, it all works fine!

My next issue, which is somewhat less important but irritating, I have been 'playing' with different DCC locos that I have, trying to work out settings etc but I have an issue. I have input two extra locos, that do not exist, into the system and now I want to remove them. Unless I am missing something, I cannot find any reference to how to remove locos on my list. This causes warning messages to keep popping up on startup and every time I try to enter the loco setup sessions.

What have I missed?

Select the loco you want rid of in the loco setup screen and click on the dustbin icon bottom of screen left hand side-ish. Then click green ticks first and/or X's until out of there.

I have locos listed that I own but haven't converted to DCC yet and I just leave them there. I also found that if you want to change a loco ID, say from short to long address then it makes a new loco in the list and you need to delete the old one, using the bin-it icon.

After a lot of messing about trying to download Railmaster and getting nowhere with trying to input the product key, I discovered that my anti virus software firewall was preventing the correct operation ..... Turn it off and hey presto, it all works fine!

My next issue, which is somewhat less important but irritating, I have been 'playing' with different DCC locos that I have, trying to work out settings etc but I have an issue. I have input two extra locos, that do not exist, into the system and now I want to remove them. Unless I am missing something, I cannot find any reference to how to remove locos on my list. This causes warning messages to keep popping up on startup and every time I try to enter the loco setup sessions.

What have I missed?

As RAF96 has answered your question I thought it might be prudent to just say that the firewall you may have might just stop updates getting installed too later on. Just pointing this out as some A/V products do this, namely McAfee and Norton's to name two primary candidates other users have often noted only too well.

If you do have further issues ,and hopefully not, you may want to take a look at my sticky at the top of this subforum entitled RailMaster Help Site where help can be gleened for this type of thing and more.

Archived