Version 1.61 Function buttons

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do a Windows Restore to a date/time prior to your 1.61 upgrade.  Unless of course you kept a copy of 1.60 Rev 2 installation file, in which case run it.

Shame we don't have PM on this forum. I have downloaded and stored copies of the initial release setup files going back to version 1.55

With PM, I could have e-mailed 1.60 rev 1 as attachment (I never did download rev 2) to anyboby who requested it. If there is enough demand, I might be persuaded to load it on FileDropper (assuming that this would be OK with Hornby).

Mind you, that said. Sometimes software refuses to overwrite to a previous revision unless the later revision is un-installed first. So reverting might not be so straight forward - frying pan and fire comes to mind.

I haven't run RM yet, so I havent got 1.61 loaded. If I recall, you can't cancel the auto-update from installing (I'm sure someone will kindly correct me if I am wrong). So I will probably leave RM off-line (disable my dedicated laptop PC wi-fi interface) till a proper fix is announced.

I haven't tried running RM without Internet access being available before, anybody know of any issues I should look out for?

Hi HRMS

I received an automated email reply from the Railmaster help screen timed at 18:01 saying my issue would be looked into in next 48 hours

I can send you the details again if you wish?

Tee

Hi Tee

I would send them the email to the email address above from HRMS, as requested.

... can be re- tinkered wiuth... 

John

If you still have a copy of version 1.60 rev 2 on your computer, you can re-run it and use it instead of the new v1.61 until the problem gets sorted.

@HRMS

Is it worth putting the previous version back on the website until the problem is sorted to prevent more people being affected by it?  Those that have got the problem, could then just reload the older version.

Hi HRMS

I received an automated email reply from the Railmaster help screen timed at 18:01 saying my issue would be looked into in next 48 hours

I can send you the details again if you wish?

Tee

Hi Tee

I would send them the email to the email address above from HRMS, as requested.

Ok  copy of the original help request info together with resource files & log for good measure send 

Tee

Having taken note of the direction of this thread earlier this evening, I decided not to download update 1.61 for now. In answer to the request as to whether I would like to do so on initial RM setup, I declined and continued to work my layout under 1.60 v2 until such time as these problems with the new update are sorted. I didn't want to risk it. Thanks everyone who has reported problems and sorry you have had trouble.

Having taken note of the direction of this thread earlier this evening, I decided not to download update 1.61 for now. In answer to the request as to whether I would like to do so on initial RM setup, I declined and continued to work my layout under 1.60 v2 until such time as these problems with the new update are sorted. I didn't want to risk it. Thanks everyone who has reported problems and sorry you have had trouble.

Wise choice. I hope that it will be fixed soon. In any case, I don't think we are missing much. 1.60 Rev2 seems to be pretty stable.

Thank you guys for your advice. What is so annoying, is that due to my location, normally, i am the last person to update. Had RM, on turning on, this time, not offered the update, i would  have been in my usual state, tail end charlie. To compound all this, it is not quite as simple, as fishy, portrays, as  French windows, as RAF, knows, bears little resmblence to  the english version, as HM support, have found in the past. Things like location of com port, are buried. Coupled with that, and my limited technical french knowledge, it is all a bit of a drag. I will bring down laptop, and try to put it back a couple of days, but surely to goodness, these updates, should be rigerously tested on normal computers before release. This is the first time, that i can remember, such a major error/mistake, coming to light. i was left last night, with locos chuffing, and horns blowing, uncontroleably, being  unsure, what to find to stop them. Only by removing from the track, did they stop. I really dont think, this is very good, from a team, that normally are brilliant. john

My grandson wanted a cowboy outfit for his birthday so I bought him R________r (fill the gaps - clue 10 letters starts with R and ends with r).

I've said it before and I will say it again - if and when this product is ever sorted out properly then I will buy Pro-Pack.

Bit early in the morning for Hangman, how many vowels. Have just finished setting back to 11/3/2015, 1,60, rev 2. A lot of un necessary work and aggro. , that should not have been necessary, (still, good for my technical french). john

ReconcileR, ReconsideR, RediscoveR, RemodelleR, ReproacheR, ReproduceR, RepudiatoR, ResearcheR, RespiratoR, RestraineR, RetaliatoR, ReverenceR, RingleadeR, RingmasteR

No, I'm completely lost on this one, cowboy reference right over my head.

ReconcileR, ReconsideR, RediscoveR, RemodelleR, ReproacheR, ReproduceR, RepudiatoR, ResearcheR, RespiratoR, RestraineR, RetaliatoR, ReverenceR, RingleadeR, RingmasteR

No, I'm completely lost on this one, cowboy reference right over my head.

Almost there with the last one Chris.

Cowboy outfit - its an old English joke - My boy wanted a cowboy outfit (dress up kit) so I bought him (insert company name/product of your choice) - usually refers to cowboy builders and other bodger  'tradesmen'. Colloquial definition of bodger implied not a real bodger as recently explained on here.

Teedoubleudee, English version, i wish, on another thread, you will see comments from RAF, and i, its not possible.When you buy your french laptop, no disc, pre installed, french windows. No language change in prog. My best mate is micro soft eng, and he looked into it, and confirmed. Only way would be to buy and install english version. john

Teedoubleudee, English version, i wish, on another thread, you will see comments from RAF, and i, its not possible.When you buy your french laptop, no disc, pre installed, french windows. No language change in prog. My best mate is micro soft eng, and he looked into it, and confirmed. Only way would be to buy and install english version. john

Ouch, that would be pricey. Suggest you buy next laptop direct from UK <big smiley face>

Thanks Rob,

A little light bulb has just lit up over the top of my head.........I was thinking "Roy_Roger" but that isn't 10 characters. Obviously took the post too literally.

Bodgeit and Legitt - Builders of Distinction........all makes sense now.

As others have said, same problem at my end too with functions. Gone back to 1.60V2 to resolve.

I see 1.61 has now been pulled from the servers. (We need some RM beta pre-release testers to help the community?)

The beta testing is probably done by the members of this community. Fair enough - we have a wide range of computers and operating systems, and of user ability and experience. 

Spot on Chris

John - yes I can vouch for Les Fenetre Francais.

State of RM - I have been / am a beta tester - not for this of course or I would hang my head in shame.

Tried and tested methodology - the designated beta-team gets the device/software/etc it is to trial and if at all possible break, 'plays' with it and reports back. Once it has been through as many iterations of beta as it takes (e.g. v1.42a, ..., v1.42z, etc and the thing is proven stable, only then is it released to the public (v1.42).

So far 'my' teams have missed only one thing - but I shan't be telling you what that was in so many words. Perceptive personna may hazard a guess though.

Archived