R8247 accessory decoder and elink

Can anyone help please?..I have the elite controller and the elink with 5 R8247 accessory decoders, the elink is new and has been activated, so my problem is,  the elink sees the decoders but I cannot write to them to give them a group no.  I therefor used my elite and that sees and reads them, which I can also program, can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong or is there a problem with the elink, also can the elink be reset like the elite can?. Any help would be grateful.

ps. I have contacted customercare@hornby.com to see what they say about it and I shall publish the results here when I do.

Hi t.flyer, very little use emailing HCC, the thing to do is email RM Support from within the Help window of RM.

But first, is your eLink all set up and running and programming your locos without problem?  If not, look at the first 2 threads in this forum to see how to ensure it is all set up

And have you set up your layout in the Track Designer, including your points with point buttons clicked in and point numbers allocated.  Can you then change the points using the decoder program numbers already done by the Elite?

Hi t.flyer, very little use emailing HCC, the thing to do is email RM Support from within the Help window of RM.

But first, is your eLink all set up and running and programming your locos without problem?  If not, look at the first 2 threads in this forum to see how to ensure it is all set up

And have you set up your layout in the Track Designer, including your points with point buttons clicked in and point numbers allocated.  Can you then change the points using the decoder program numbers already done by the Elite?

Hi Fishmanoz, thanks for the info....well I have successfully loaded up the elink and it has been activated, I have also setup the layout using the Track Designer  with all points identified and I can click on to each in turn.....but nothing happens using the elink. Now I haven't as yet connected up the Elite to determine what is what, so later to day I shall connect up the Elite and ensure that Railmaster accepts it and see what happens.

I did contact RM support but to no avail at the mo.

I shall report back my findings.

Thanks again.

Ray

Update.........Well what a fool am I, I jumped the gun a bit, on checking the driver and baud rate discovered that the baud rate was set lower than it should have been, anyway I have reset the baud rate to the reccommended rate and everything works as it should do, all I have to do now is number and activate all 15 locos that I have.

Thanks Fishmanoz for your help.

Ray

Archived