R3169 Problems

Hi all

i have downloaded the Evaluation Version of Railmaster prior to purchasing just to give it a go. All my Locos work fantastically on it, except for my Olton Hall. I purchased the loco DCC Sound fitted from Hattons and it goes brilliantly using the elite. it responds perfectly to all functions, and if I do an emergency stop on the elite, it starts up again straight away. However, if I do an emergency stop on Railmaster, she won't move an inch after, until I reset CV8 to 8, thereby resetting the decoder. I can still control all the sounds using Railmaster, but it won't budge. None of my other Locos have this problem. Is anyone able to shed some light on this? 

Regards, Ryan

Ryan, given everything else works, it seems to me your decoder is faulty and you may have to return it.

Just one thing to try - I'm assuming you have set it to an address other than 03?  After the stop and before resetting have you checked to see if it has reverted to 03?  This will not be the case if the functions are continuing to work on the set address, but I'm not sure from what you have said if this is the case.  And if it is reverting to 03, this means again it is faulty.

Ryan, given everything else works, it seems to me your decoder is faulty and you may have to return it.

Just one thing to try - I'm assuming you have set it to an address other than 03?  After the stop and before resetting have you checked to see if it has reverted to 03?  This will not be the case if the functions are continuing to work on the set address, but I'm not sure from what you have said if this is the case.  And if it is reverting to 03, this means again it is faulty.

But the decoder has no problems when using the Elite, rather than the Railmaster. Even with an emergency stop on the elite, it starts away again straight after. 

Good point Ryan, although I'm unsure if the Emergency Stop works the same way on Elite and eLink, so doesn't completely rule out the decoder responding differently and not correctly.

What I suggest is you email RM Support from within the Help window of RmM and see what they have to say. 

Archived