I-pad update

Hi all, I've just downloaded IOS 8.2 onto my i-pad and I'm experiening problems in making the connection to the laptop. When I do succeed the  'unreliable connection' box shows and it keeps on losing connectivity, it was working fine before the update and I have checked the static IP addresses are all ok. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'm running IOS 8.2 without that problem.  I have recently deleted the app and re-downloaded: worth a try. if you double click on any of the green rectangles bottom right of the RM display you will open the log - that might be instructive. In any case you do need a very good internet connection to maintain connectivity. I have placed a repeater close to the PC running RM - this seems to have improved things.

I'm running IOS 8.2 without that problem.  I have recently deleted the app and re-downloaded: worth a try. if you double click on any of the green rectangles bottom right of the RM display you will open the log - that might be instructive. In any case you do need a very good internet connection to maintain connectivity. I have placed a repeater close to the PC running RM - this seems to have improved things.

Thanks for your help, I had re-downloaded the app a couple of times and restarted Railmaster and the router a couple of times before going to the forum for help. The router is a dedicated one beside my laptop and layout. Today was my first opportunity to attempt to solve the problem so I started everything up ready to investigate and surprise, surprise it all worked perfectly. I've switched the whole system off and restarted it a couple of times and all is well. I have no explanation !!!!! Thanks once again

Thanks for your help, I had re-downloaded the app a couple of times and restarted Railmaster and the router a couple of times before going to the forum for help. The router is a dedicated one beside my laptop and layout. Today was my first opportunity to attempt to solve the problem so I started everything up ready to investigate and surprise, surprise it all worked perfectly. I've switched the whole system off and restarted it a couple of times and all is well. I have no explanation !!!!! Thanks once again

Don't hold your breath. This afternoon I started the iPad. All was well, rock solid connectivity, then for some unknown reason it all fell apart. The iPad lost connectivity, and would not even try to reconnect. In the end I went through the whole routine as you did, and it's good again. I'm not clear what fixed it, but I'm inclined to think that it was stopping and restarting RM. Could have been stopping and restarting any of the elements though. Grrr ... as they say in Japan: "Yesterday it worked . . . Today it is not working . . . Windows is like that."

My I-Pad has just updated to 1.21 and all I get now is a black screen. I have re-installed it a couple of time but still get the same result. i do not even get the button that allows me to check the IP address.

Help please.

My I-Pad has just updated to 1.21 and all I get now is a black screen. I have re-installed it a couple of time but still get the same result. i do not even get the button that allows me to check the IP address.

Help please.

I don't understand - the current iPad IOS version is 8.2 here.

Archived