class 25 non dc ready to dcc conversion

Philbow

Does anyone have any clear instructions on how to wire a decoder into a Class 25 with a Ringfield motor please? There are one or two on the web but they are not entirely clear. I've done the grey and orange wires on the motor terminals but I'm having difficulty in finding exactly where the red and black wires connect. Pictures would be really useful!!! Thanks

Phil, some Ringfields are tricky with 3 types.  And if you are not sure where to connect you could well have the LH brush holder connected to chassis, and this must be isolated or you will blow the decoder.

For detail, go to the Brian Lambert site, his DCC section on conversions where he tells you how to do all 3 types.

Hi Phil, There used to be lots of useful information on this, and other subjects on this forum. I submitted many, but since the 're-vamp', of the forum some months ago, all seems to be lost? Fishmanoz's sugestion of the Brian Lambert site is the best route.

Hi Phil, some good advice offered there.

As fishmanoz points out, a thing to watch for is it that on old ringfield motors the casting has a pin under the left handside motor contact, this contact usually has a short link wire running running to the cast chassis. The contact needs to be insulated from the cast pin and the link wire removed or you will blow the decoder. This usually the negative feed side of the motor..

Archived