NCE EB -1 circuit breaker

Tosh66

Hi all first time poster,

Can you use the NCE eb-1 circuit breaker with the Elite on the track bus? If so what amp does it need to be set too before the Elite trips out. What breakers do you use with the Elite that work well?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tosh, welcome to the forums. The Elite has its own inbuilt overload protection so no circuit breaker is required, although you seem to know this?  Haven't run across anyone on these forums using one.

Hi Fishmanoz,

Thanks for the fast reply. I just read an article in Hornby mag about having two seperate bus one for the track and one for access decoder, which i will have motorised points and other accessories on. It suggests to put in a breaker on the track bus so you can still operate the points if you have a short. I was just wondering what everyone else did?

I have not wired my layout yet, its still work in progress,

Cheers.

Hi

Yes I do as you have stated, though I dont use Hornby DCC.

I have an PSX 1 protecting my DCC Track bus. While the main system protects the point bus. The PSX range are IMO superiour to any other circuit breakers.

Thanks Flashbang,

I will wire a breaker in on the track bus when I get round to wiring the layout(got to stop playing and buying locos). I will post results with the elite back here.

Cheers.

Archived