RailMaster CD won't work

Have just received my eLink and RailMaster CD  Combo package,upon inserting the CD into the Drive it does not want to be read.  Have tried in three DVD Drives and get the same result (other CD's/DVD's work,I have tried)

My question is :  Do I need the RailMaster CD  or can I Just download the Trial Version and use the Activation Key from the CD ? Also  Is the CD version and the trial version one and the same?

Thanks

Antony.

Thanks for that, It's just that I was'nt sure if there is any extra files on the CD that are not included on the trial version download that are needed. I've had endless troubles trying to access the disk to open, it just won't budge.

Antony.

Antony,

I've just put my CD (2013) in my drive and browsed the contents. There isn't anything on it that I can see that you can't already download from the Hornby site and invariably the downloads are later versions.

Throw the CD away, it is completely superfluous. And don't think of the download as a trial version, it is the full RM program.  However, if you run it as a first installation, it will run in trial mode until you enter your key.

Hang on there chap!!!   I'm completely new to all this.  What I meant by "even got my software to recognise both my eLink and Elite contollers" was when I connected each on separately on Controller A  they where each recognised. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

No probs, some of you new guys, are very advanced, on us old fogies, and have discovered , all sorts. some run elink for points only, and elite for trains. As i also have both, was just interested, in  how you were setting up. Will watch with interest. john

Archived