Blue Point Direction Indicator

I have recently completed the wiring up of my Points Motors, so despite having owned RailMaster for a long time, I have just started to use the point controls.

I have a passing loop off a main straight, with a Left Hand Point at one end and a Right Hand Point at the other.  I have cross wired them (Red to Green and Green to Red) so that they operate together and this works perfectly.  They are wired from the same Port on my Decoder so they can both be set to either the passing loop or the main straight.

The Blue markers on the RailMaster Track Plan operate together, however they show one point as being set to the Main Straight and the other to the Passing Loop, or vice versa, rather than both to the Main Straight or both to the Passing Loop.  Is there any way around this?

I have recently completed the wiring up of my Points Motors, so despite having owned RailMaster for a long time, I have just started to use the point controls.

I have a passing loop off a main straight, with a Left Hand Point at one end and a Right Hand Point at the other.  I have cross wired them (Red to Green and Green to Red) so that they operate together and this works perfectly.  They are wired from the same Port on my Decoder so they can both be set to either the passing loop or the main straight.

The Blue markers on the RailMaster Track Plan operate together, however they show one point as being set to the Main Straight and the other to the Passing Loop, or vice versa, rather than both to the Main Straight or both to the Passing Loop.  Is there any way around this?

Hi Dave,

The answer you need is here, as long as you have the Propack version

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/post/view/topic_id/6332/?p=2

Ray

RDS,

There was a thread titled Point Indicators a few weeks ago with the same question, have you read through that? Sorry but I don't know if the replies solved the query.

Thanks, I was not aware of that thread, as I have only just started using 'automatic' points.

... The answer you need is here, as long as you have the Propack version ...

Hi Ray, Thanks.  I particularly liked your method of a ficticious point but I can't get RM to remember that I have added it to be switched as well.  As soon as I exit the point desgner window, the 'other point' I have just added, disappears (or is it only to be used when you have signals?)

Archived