Station Announcements

Its really not difficult to make your own. The sound files are in WAV format. There are plenty of free downloads for applications that manipulate and edit WAV files. The hardest thing will be finding someone with the right kind of voice to make your original recordings. As an experiment I produced one this way containing a series of slamming doors, followed by a guards whistle and the guard calling out "all aboard". I copied all the raw sounds from other Internet sources then re-mixed them in a WAV file editor program, then saved it in two files. One for left stereo channel, one for right.

I take it that you are aware that the station announcements in the RM pull down menu are ONLY finished announcement sample programs. Railmaster includes a folder of sound samples that are like sound jigsaw pieces. You create a RM program to mix these sound jigsaw pieces together to form a finished sound announcement sequence. Thus using this process you can create custom announcements within the constraints of the samples located in the Sounds folder. Navigate to the Railmaster Sounds folder and then you can preview all the individual samples that are included.

TD,

Post bounced just to bring to your attention the edit in my last post that was done after your last thread visit.

I apprecaite Station Announcements will depend on the era modelled but are annoucements still made today? I was at Teignmouth Station a few months ago and can't recall any annoucements, just electronic arrival/departure boards everywhere!

I have recorded station announcement myself, added an "echo" effect from free software. Sounds good from speaker under platform. Added then to RM sound files, use in programmes.

Hi GWR Greg

Which Free software did you use?

Was it just Free for 30 days or FREE no time limit?

PJ

I use Audacity, free forever!

• 1 month later...

When I was a kid (get the binoculars out mother...) we used to write off to all the companies advertising on Radio Luxemburgh in the day asking them for lapel badges and/or samples.

It was a hobby of sorts for us kids at the time and we used to get back bags of free stuff - tubes of toothpaste, the whole range of Robertsons Golly badges (now banned on PC grounds), all sorts of other free stuff, so asking a modern firm for samples of sound files is probably going to turn up trumps for you td3ud or is it supposed to be  train-dude.

Archived