Station Announcements - LIST OF WORD(S) REQUIRED ONLY

Please use this as a thread to List station announcements or similar words for HRMS to hopefully considering adding to future updates of RM.

Please consider each announcement in a way that it may be used for other announcements, using    ---     between the words of the announcement or by listing as individual words or groups of words.

e.g. 

The train now leaving --- 

The train now arriving at ---

platform --- one --- two --- three - four --- five

stopping at --- 

(List of station names)

We could possibly also request clock times (as numbers --- o'clock etc for us to link together)

The above being 9 separate messages which we can string together.

Note the above is just a basic example some words are already included.

It is possible, we hope, that Hornby will consider the words and numbers we request, providing they can do them all in one run.

PLEASE TRY KEEP THIS A LIST OF WORD(S) WE WOULD LIKE INCLUDING  (In several voices)

(Without discussions where possible)

'---' is used to separate the viarious words or group of words

one  ---  two  ---  three  -- four  ---  five  ---  six  ---  seven  ---  eight  ---  nine  ---  ten  ---  eleven  ---  twelve

quarter past  ---  half past  ---  quarter to 

thirteen  --- fourteen  --- fifteen  ---  sixteen  ---  seventeen  ---  eighteen --- nineteen  ---  twenty (etc to 59)

minutes  ---  past  ---   to  --- late

o'clock

am  ---  pm

The train now --- leaving platform  ---  arriving at 

stopping at

Hi Ray

Yes they do say 'The train now leaving' but not always.  (Last call before whistle)

e.g. The train now leaving, platform 2, stoppin at..............

(passengers run like the clappers or miss it. I'd love to see my passengers run for a train. LOL)

Possibly this.....The train now --- leaving platform  ---  arriving at 

Should be........ The train now leaving --- platform  ---  arriving at 

We may no doubt get other wording like this, that requires tweaking, they will no doubt show up better when a short list is created.

I will create a short list of words only once the list grows sufficiently.

Additional words...

- The next train to arrive at

- Stopping at 

- The train --- on 

- The --- (for Name of Loco)

- will be leaving at ---

- for  (e.g. could be used for a...the  train now leaving platform 1 'for' (station name1, name2, name 3 etc)

Stations for me would be

- Settell

- Skiptone

- Lakeside

For realistic operation

- We are sorry for the delay to your service

Which 'service' would you use fireman_ian?

This could be as

- We are sorry for the delay

- to your service ???

Where the first part could be... We are sorry for delay... then next train arriving at...... or any other statement made up from words in the list we are creating or already have, not just a service.

Service could be several would you like to suggest?

how about service delay due too... signal failure...points failure... cows on the track... incident at ... trespaster on track...etc etc

Some excellent words there Old Gezzer, then we mustn't forget....leaves on the track. [btw it's trespasser]

• 4 weeks later...

I would say it was the other way round, WTD. You couldn't hear what they were saying 50 years ago. Apparently the announcers used to put a table tennis ball into their mouths then, didn't they? I don't travel much by rail nowadays but, when I have, the words are much clearer. I had hearing aids fitted some months ago but haven't had the opportunity to listen to any station announcements since to see if that adds even more clarity.

Yes, congratulations on reaching that posting milestone. Some of them have been all right.

Archived