elink stops responding!

I have a situation where for no reason I can see elink stops responding to rail masterlaptop. The RM screen show change to loco speed or direction, points show as changed but nothing is happening  on layout. After a while elink seems to wake up and actions previous commands then works okay again. Anyone know what is going on and how to stop it happening?

GWR, GREG, hi, had this a couple of times in the past, sorta, delayed action. I assumed, it might be in a loop, disconnected, re connected. Also, removed and replaced track feed, and elink wires. Twas fine, after that. You are lucky, you dont have power surges, as farmers, fire up, lord knows what. See if that helps. We had similar problem with TV, remote control, and was told, to take it out the loop, eg, as above. john

I have a situation where for no reason I can see elink stops responding to rail masterlaptop. The RM screen show change to loco speed or direction, points show as changed but nothing is happening  on layout. After a while elink seems to wake up and actions previous commands then works okay again. Anyone know what is going on and how to stop it happening?

Hi Greg,

Is it possible there is some other software loaded on your pc which is bursting into life now and again, hogging the cpu, and preventing RM doing anything?

Ray

Archived