Operating RM on a two screen setup

Hi guys

Using a wall mounted TV displaying my layout and my PC monitor showing

the loco setup I have in Windows 7 managed to extend the layout/loco with the mouse working OK  but am at a loss as to how to split the two.

Am I correct in thinking that this can be done using a handheld tablet? if so why not another display.

About a year ago this was mentioned and HMRS stated they aimed to configure this in due course.

I did add this problem incorrectly to another post a while ago but got no response.

Jug

John, I think he is saying he doesn't know and can it be done.

i would think it is not currently possible.  There is no fscility to show RmM as 2 separate windows with different content on each.  All you can do is clone the same content onto 2 monitors.

He says he can't split the two john, so maybe he means he is using an extended display on the 2 monitors (extended means different content on each monitor, as opposed to cloned with the same on each) and has just dragged an unmaximised RM screen partly across so the layout half appears on one monitor and the loco half on the other?

So yes, can you clarify please jug?

He says he can't split the two john, so maybe he means he is using an extended display on the 2 monitors (extended means different content on each monitor, as opposed to cloned with the same on each) and has just dragged an unmaximised RM screen partly across so the layout half appears on one monitor and the loco half on the other?

So yes, can you clarify please jug?

Hi Guys

With Windows 7 you have a choice of  1/ duplicate the displays 2/ extend the displays3/ show desktop on either.

I have 23" monitor and a spare 32" TV both set to the same resilution when using Railmaster.

I can duplicate the display but thought my best bet was to try displaying the layout on the TV on the right and the loco setup on the left.

Using the extend option i can display the layout on the TV but not the loco setup on the monitor.

As mentioned before the mouse operates ok on both.

Please note I am unable to respond to further postes as from the 11th due to holidays.

Jug

Hi jug1938

When you get back from your hols (hopefully enjoyed by all who went along) have a go at reading this article...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/261504/windows_8_multi_monitor_tips_and_tricks.html

I know it is mainly about Wndows 8 but it does give a few references to Windows7. I could offer advice re this issue but the article explains it well enough and gives some of the reasons it does't work too well. Don't get too bogged down with the 'inside edge' if it isn't clear at first as they are merely talking about the six pixel edge of screen where the charms pop out on Windows 8!!

The article might not give you a definitive answer to your question but may just help you understand it a little better.

Archived