Handheld app track plan issue

Chuffingmad

Having just installed the railmaster handheld app on a nexus tablet, I find I am able to control the locos but the track plan will not expand making the points impossible to change as the icons are too small and too close together.

I have tried various combinations of settings in the "ini" railmaster file (including the parameters given in the instruction manual) without success.

Also although the locos are all listed and can be controlled, the speed changes are extremely twitchy making small changes virtually impossible.

Has anyone had a similar experience and can it be resolved. Any help will be gladly rec'd.

Chuffingmad

Have you tried changing the "device size" in settings? That makes some small changes to the way the track plan looks but in my view would be even more improved if the plan on "landscape" filled the screen. I've just tried to upload four photos of my iPad showing RM in Large and Medium format. Looks likfe only one photo has been uploaded. I'll pop back in a moment to do the others if they are not here  R-/media/tinymce_upload/9c3c6d4391deb4b354f993a91c17b655.JPG

A little slower it seems than has been the case. In the meantime CM, have you treid altering the "Device Size" in settings? My photos (if they came out OK) show the differences on an iPad. R-

Looks as though I can only post one at a time - this is Medium Device size. R-  (Posted 10:19 - 16 April)/media/tinymce_upload/663b88ee88f3fbdcb31d4a6286641617.JPG

Roger,

I'm not sure that is very helpful. HH on iPad works properly. The Nexus tablet uses Andriod, so I assume needs to use Chrome, in which case sizing only works on ver 3.5. The current version is 4.2. 

Three points to mention AC

1, I was trying to show the difference between "Device Size" selection

2. It isn't working properly on iPad (see portrait image above)

3. Sorry if I was unhelpful - just trying to give another perspective

R-

Thanks for your replies. My nexus is running a later version of Chrome and won't allow me to regress to Chrome 35. I think you may be right in suggesting that the app will only work fully with that version of Chrome. I have checked all settings for compliance and cannot find any other reason.

Unless anyone has resolved a similar situation I may well have to contact the app developers for help.

@RogerB

I have also found that if I turn my iPad to portrait I get a similar part view of the layout only as your photo above. If I then return to landscape it remains a part view and does not return to the original two locos and full layout. The only way out is to close the app and re-load to return to normal view. Have you reported this to HRMS? It is a little annoying if it happens when using the iPad and accidently change the orientation whilst controlling the layout.

BarryO

@RogerB

I have also found that if I turn my iPad to portrait I get a similar part view of the layout only as your photo above. If I then return to landscape it remains a part view and does not return to the original two locos and full layout. The only way out is to close the app and re-load to return to normal view. Have you reported this to HRMS? It is a little annoying if it happens when using the iPad and accidently change the orientation whilst controlling the layout.

BarryO

BarryO

In portrait my iPad gives me a a vertical grey section on the left as shown in the pic, but the whole layout is shown. The "pinch" gesture enables me to zoom in/out. Turning back or forwards to landscape I ge the normal view and I can turn it as many times in either direction as I want. Try as I will, so far I cannot reproduce your problem here.

AM

@RogerB

Have you reported this to HRMS? It is a little annoying if it happens when using the iPad and accidently change the orientation whilst controlling the layout.

BarryO

Yes - it has been reported now. R-

Had a reply from RM support as below. I know we know this is the case but I thought it worth posting again here. R-

-------------------------------------

The situation at present is this:  All Apple versions of the RailMaster app work fine as the browser (Safari) has not been updated or altered significantly.  It is advisable to start the RailMaster app on iPads in landscape mode and on iPhones and iPods in portrait mode.  Then rotating between controllers with track plan and track plan will appear correctly.On Android Google introduced a bug in around version 37 of Chrome which made the pinch-to-zoom function not work in the app any longer.  We are looking at trying to get around this whilst also hoping that Google will fix this in a later update of Chrome.  We believe Chrome is currently on version 42 and this issue still has not been fixed, which is why we advise users to 'downgrade' Chrome to version 35 for the time-being.  This can be done on all Android devices running Android 4.0 and later although the settings for automatically updating the app (Chrome) should be turned off in settings to prevent the program from upgrading again.One way or the other pinch-to-zoom will be restored without having to use an earlier version of Chrome, although this is proving problematic at the moment, so will take a little longer.RegardsRailMaster Support Team

• 8 months later...

Had a reply from RM support as below. I know we know this is the case but I thought it worth posting again here. R-

-------------------------------------

The situation at present is this:  All Apple versions of the RailMaster app work fine as the browser (Safari) has not been updated or altered significantly.  It is advisable to start the RailMaster app on iPads in landscape mode and on iPhones and iPods in portrait mode.  Then rotating between controllers with track plan and track plan will appear correctly.On Android Google introduced a bug in around version 37 of Chrome which made the pinch-to-zoom function not work in the app any longer.  We are looking at trying to get around this whilst also hoping that Google will fix this in a later update of Chrome.  We believe Chrome is currently on version 42 and this issue still has not been fixed, which is why we advise users to 'downgrade' Chrome to version 35 for the time-being.  This can be done on all Android devices running Android 4.0 and later although the settings for automatically updating the app (Chrome) should be turned off in settings to prevent the program from upgrading again.One way or the other pinch-to-zoom will be restored without having to use an earlier version of Chrome, although this is proving problematic at the moment, so will take a little longer.RegardsRailMaster Support Team

Archived