Point Motors Problems - AGAIN!

jwb10101

Hi everyone,

Sorry for commenting on the topic of point motors again! Everytime I try and fit more i seem to get more problems. :(

I have succesfully fitted eight hornby point motors using the latest Hornby Accesory decoders linked up to to the Hornby E Link. I have now come to install my final four. I have wired up the accesory decoder to my DCC bus and then four point motors off to there points.

They are wired with Black in the middle, red to the left and green on right.

when i programme them in, two work maybe for a few minutes, then the stop, the others will maybe flick one way but not back. Sometimes they maybe make a noise but the point does not work, and sometimes there is no action at all.

Any Ideas?

If you need more info let me know.

Thanks,

James (Bowsey456)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for commenting on the topic of point motors again! Everytime I try and fit more i seem to get more problems. :(

I have succesfully fitted eight hornby point motors using the latest Hornby Accesory decoders linked up to to the Hornby E Link. I have now come to install my final four. I have wired up the accesory decoder to my DCC bus and then four point motors off to there points.

They are wired with Black in the middle, red to the left and green on right.

when i programme them in, two work maybe for a few minutes, then the stop, the others will maybe flick one way but not back. Sometimes they maybe make a noise but the point does not work, and sometimes there is no action at all.

Any Ideas?

If you need more info let me know.

Thanks,

James (Bowsey456)

52 train - why did you re-post Bowsey's message, with nothing of your own?

And PLEASE - when you (or anyone else) replies to a comment, SCROLL DOWN to the white box, type your words, then use the use the GREEN reply button. That way, the original comment doesn't get endlessly repeated, and your response will be in the white, not hidden in the yellow with all the previous words!

Like this!

And PLEASE - when you (or anyone else) replies to a comment, SCROLL DOWN to the white box, type your words, then use the use the GREEN reply button. That way, the original comment doesn't get endlessly repeated, and your response will be in the white, not hidden in the yellow with all the previous words!

Like this!

Not like this! (I deliberately did this so you can see how hard it is to find the response. Imagine if there were pages and pages of repeated replies!)

Like this!

Not like this! (I deliberately did this so you can see how hard it is to find the response. Imagine if there were pages and pages of repeated replies!)

I found your response, though!

Getting back to topic, to me it sounds like a faulty decoder.  Easy to test although will take some fiddlimg, swap 2 decoders over and reprogram to the correct point numbers.  Is it still the points on the decoder previously not working that are now not working?  If so it is the decoder.  If not, I'm stumped if all your wiring for the faulty one is the same as the working ones. 

Archived