Importing Layout

This a big ask.

Other than using the facility in Railmaster to create a layout diagram is there any other way that a layout schematic can be imported into the software, a JPEG file import would be preferred.

No - I did propose a suggestion that Trackmaster schemes could be importable into RM but it was deemed too complicated to impliment.

The only track design software I know that can import jpegs (and this is only as a background picture for you to 'build over') is SCARM, but this is not a trains operating software package like RM.

Yes, you couldn't really expect to be able translate one type of static coding into another different one such as an operable RM layout programme.

I just can't help myself, I'm afraid, but are we also talking about gravy trains here??????????

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, you couldn't really expect to be able translate one type of static coding into another different one such as an operable RM layout programme.

I just can't help myself, I'm afraid, but are we also talking about gravy trains here??????????

Welcome to the forums!

M8 No trains of any persuasion in my life just an old Aussie basket trying to help out an older Pommy ex Korean Vet with his hobby.

Thanks gents for confirming my expected limitations of this package.

... confirming my expected limitations of this package ...

I do not believe that not being able to import a jpg file to use as a layout, is a limitation.

You started off yourself saying, 'This is a big ask'.  

The RailMaster layout is more than just an image on your screen.  

Good heavens, we'll be having recipes on here soon, what with chocolate and gravy trains.  Graskie, will you be the first with a buffet car that has the odour of roast of the day drifting from it?

Not only that, Fishy, but I could perhaps also add a smell to the sizzling bacon and egg sound function on my Hornby TTS "Duke of Gloucester"! I wouldn't want the smell of fish, though, anywhere on my layout.

Archived