10% discount

• 4 months later...

I knew that posting the question would mean finding the information immediately :)

There is a page detailing the retailers that will give discount. I'm in the Airfix club but there is probably one for Hornby too.

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/hhclubspecialoffers

Hornby Shop, Swindon

Harrods Concession, London

Fenwick Concession, Newcastle

Fenwick Concession, Canterbury

Bentalls Concession, Kingston

Daniels Concession, Windsor

Boswells Concession, Oxford

Houghton Hall Concession, Carlisle

Chester Model Centre Concession, Chester

Shildon Railway Museum Concession, Shildon

Wonderful World of Trains and Planes Concession, Birmingham

Hamleys Regent Street Concession, London

Hamleys Glasgow Concession, Glasgow

Hamleys Manchester Concession, Manchester

Hamleys Dundrum EIRE Concession, Dundrum

James Pringles Weavers Concession, Anglesey

It was never an official maufacturer's discount but my local retail model railway outlet "The Model Shop" in Northampton used to give their own discount of about 15% off the RRP of any make of loco. They have more recently had to reduce that to more like the Hornby 10% discount because of squeezed profit margins. However, they still compete with the Hornby discount, so I still use them for new locos.

• 1 year later...

Yes Hornby have to post a statement about this issue for retailers. Some give you the full 10% on any thing and another told me that it only covered buying track. I have had one retailer also say no it doesn't apply, but I'll give you a 5% discount off any Hornby RRP item at my disgression. Others model shops decline it all together and offer you nothing. So please Hornby settle this issue with model retailers, and inform them and us membership holders as to what we can or cannot buy. Also have a page on the website to retailers in the club areas as proof that anyone that has a membership card is allowed the 10% discount across the range of stock in the various clubs.

Archived