Address issue on new lovo

Johnmilford

i have just purchased Hornby West Country Bude which is DCC fitted. It will not run on either code #03 or the running number. I have tried reprogramming it but it won't respond to anything I try. Should I just bite the bullet and install a new decoder?

You should also consider the controller and decoder brand combination. I have found some brands of controllers will not work well with certain brands of decoders. I had a Hornby Select controller that would not work with a particular brand of decoders I purchased yet worked fine with all Hornby decoders, at first I  throught the decoders were at fault. Changed the brand of controller and all the suspect decoders worked fine.

In general, all NMRA compliant controllers will work with all NMRA decoders.  Select is advised by Hornby to be not NMRA compliant and only guaranteed to work with Hornby decoders.   That is one of the many Select limitations that limit its value all though it is cheap.

John, you say DCC fitted and just purchased so I would be taking it back, not buying another decoder for it. 

Hi John, is the Loco new or second hand, does it make a buzing sound when you put it on the track, have you looked in side to check that there realy is a decoder fitted? If you have a DC Controller check to see if it will run on pure DC.

I have purchased a "DCC Fitted Loco" new off EBAY STORE that didn't have a decoder in it. Eventually got a refund.

Peter.

Archived