DCC Peppercorn Bon Accord.

Yelrow

Hi, this loco came with Majestic set, and has been ok up to now. It now refuses to move, no sound from motor. Before i go any further, perhaps the Brains Trust can offer suggestions, as how to proceed. thanks, john. Loco 60154

Check it hasn't reverted to address 3 John.

If the decoder is set to allow DCC try a PP3 9v battery directly on the wheels to check motor is OK.

Also check no fluff in the wheel pickups.

If it was ok before then I suspect a wire has come off indoors.

Hi I to have the same the majestic set, and had problems with the Bon Accord, I found that the track pickups were not making good contact with the back of the wheel set all the time ( the wheels have a small lateral movement which the pickups did not track). I disassembled the unit and cleaned and adjusted the pickups (bent them slightly) so they made contact all of the time.

Cas ir, many thanks, will look at.  Raf, 96. Need to  wire up prog track, again, then can check out. Just changed circuit, to encorporate, all layouts together. Now like a wedding cake, lower tier, DC, first tier, DCC, then 3 rail tier, tt tier, finally N gauge. Means i can operate from one place, and run up to 21 tracks, happy days. john

With a quad decker keyboard like that John and 21 tracks you should have been a church organ player.

No need to set up the prog track again - just try it on DC and see if it works - if not then go to plan B to check the CV.

Sounds as if it could well be the well known wheel pickup problem though.

RAF 96, greetings, all back to normal now.  CV had changed from 012, to 02, interesting, and i cleaned up wheels etc. I have come across locos reverting to 03, before, but not 02, and it is my oldest DCC loco. curious. john

Archived