Setting up buttons for cab lightsio

can anyone please help me out her, I can't remember how one sets the loco up to switch the lighs on and off and I'm finding the instructions a bit difficult to follow, I have ithe loco on the programming track reading the cv values, I notice there is a value for functions 1 and 2  under cv 35 & 36 with values 16 & 32 respectively and cv 33 forward headlight & 34 reverse headlight with values 1 and 2 respectively.   Any suggestions welcome.

colin

Colin, I agree with John.  

Normally you just program the id that you want for your Loco and if it has lights, they work when selecting F0 for External Lights and if it has cab lights F1 and then F0 or F1 again to switch them off again.

May depend on your decoder. Here is an extract from the Hatton's MD4 series: Might help.

Changing which button will operate a function:

CV33 controls which button operates the white wire (Headlight). Default is 1CV34 controls which button operates the Yellow wire (Reverse/tail light). Default is 2CV35 controls which button operates the Green wire (Aux1/F3). Default is 4CV36 controls which button operates the Purple wire (Aux2/F4). Default is 8

All functions can be controlled by any function button on your controller up to function 6 by using thesevalues and entering them into the CV that controls the chosen wire colour

Function button F0 (f) F0 ® F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6Set it to this value 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128

The Green and Purple wire can also be controlled by function 7 to 12 if you use these values

Function button F7 F8 F9 F10 F11 F12Set it to this value 4 8 16 32 64 128

If you are setting up any function in RM and it is an ON - OFF function as opposed to a one shot function like a horn or whistle then you must append on/off to the function description. Things like lights already have this in the drop down box but if typing it in yourself remember to add it or the function won't work properly.

Presumably GF is graham farrish and you are n gauge - I am not aux-fait with the decoders used in n gauge so you will have to look at the associated paperwork to see which function does what and which is connected to your cab lights.

Archived