SR.53

Many kits have been replaced, have other manufacturers now, or have moulds lost or sold (such as the railway series). However, may I please make the case for the SR.53? As far as I know, no one else has kitted this kit, and the subject represents quite possibly the high water mark, or near there, of the British aviation industry. I am quite sure I would purchase one, or more, and I think many patriotic chaps will too.

Many kits have been replaced, have other manufacturers now, or have moulds lost or sold (such as the railway series). However, may I please make the case for the SR.53? As far as I know, no one else has kitted this kit, and the subject represents quite possibly the high water mark, or near there, of the British aviation industry. I am quite sure I would purchase one, or more, and I think many patriotic chaps will too.

I was only thinking of the SR 53 recently when trying to remember the models I had that are no longer in the catalogue.  The SR 53 would be a more than welcome re-issue - I would build a squadron.

Another suggestion would be the original Hawker P1127 kit - bringing us nearer to being able to model the entire Harrier family line.

Archived