1/76 Crusader Tank

I managed to get two Crusaders off ebay this weekend, wooohooo, mint in 1960's boxes. They are for my Western Desert collection but as they have survived so long untouched it seems a shame to make them.....maybe just the one then :)

I also got 2x 88's and Halftracks and a Panzer 4 all in mint 1960's packaging. Bargains can still be found.

Other on line auction sites are available....hahaha

Wasn't there a fuss in the modelling press at the time about this model being "out" in terms of basic dimensions? I know this sounds like rivet-counting, but this Airfix release was criticised for being too wide, too tall, and not long enough. Even the Airfix Magazine published an article about how to rebuild the kit to correct scale dimensions.

• 1 month later...

Come on its about time this kit was re released! I want at least 12! Fed up of buying them from ebay!

And forgive me if this sounds like advertising a competitor (name and details with-held) but when you need lots of Crusaders at a reasonable price for wargaming, you can get a lovely simplified kit, almost snap-together, that comes as two models in one box for roughly the same price as an Airfix kit and done to at least equally presentable standards of accuracy. With competitors doing this sort of thing, there may be little point in Airfix re-issuing their version.

Come on its about time this kit was re released! I want at least 12! Fed up of buying them from ebay!

And forgive me if this sounds like advertising a competitor (name and details with-held) but when you need lots of Crusaders at a reasonable price for wargaming, you can get a lovely simplified kit, almost snap-together, that comes as two models in one box for roughly the same price as an Airfix kit and done to at least equally presentable standards of accuracy. With competitors doing this sort of thing, there may be little point in Airfix re-issuing their version.

Plus, if its the same one I'm thinking of, you can also get after market sets to address the simplifications and transform it from wargames to display standard.

Archived