Loco speed

Hi just started using RM today.  Programmed in a couple of locos of which one runs a bit slower then I would like. I set the cruising speed to max but the one loco still is a bit slow. The other one is ok. Something I have missed perhaps?

Hi just started using RM today.  Programmed in a couple of locos of which one runs a bit slower then I would like. I set the cruising speed to max but the one loco still is a bit slow. The other one is ok. Something I have missed perhaps?

Did you run these locos with a DCC controller before you started using RM? If so, was the loco in question just as slow 

or faster? 

Ray

Did you run these locos with a DCC controller before you started using RM? If so, was the loco in question just as slow 

or faster? 

Ray

Faster definitely. Tested it with elite after as well and still faster.

If you have programmed into RM the actual loco you have, it sets scale speeds for it consistent with the actual speed the real loco runs at.  Although you should be able to change the cruising speed as you have done to make it go faster.

But check CV5 which is Vhigh or Vmax.  It can have a value between 0 and 255.  If it has a value of 0 or 1, that indicates it isn't being used and you should be able to run at any speed you like.  If it has a value above 1 and below 255, then it limits motor volts to a proportion of track volts equal to its value divided by 255, so limits the speed the loco can run at.  Full instructions on reading and writing CVs are in the manual, but come back if you need more info on them.

If you have programmed into RM the actual loco you have, it sets scale speeds for it consistent with the actual speed the real loco runs at.  Although you should be able to change the cruising speed as you have done to make it go faster.

But check CV5 which is Vhigh or Vmax.  It can have a value between 0 and 255.  If it has a value of 0 or 1, that indicates it isn't being used and you should be able to run at any speed you like.  If it has a value above 1 and below 255, then it limits motor volts to a proportion of track volts equal to its value divided by 255, so limits the speed the loco can run at.  Full instructions on reading and writing CVs are in the manual, but come back if you need more info on them.

Thanks il try that tomorrow

Archived