Locomotive list

Just briefly back on the secondary topic AV discussion, I'm surprised no one has even mentioned our resident professional AC's strong recommendation - 3 free products which will protect you without trying to take over your PC.  See more on his separate site in the top locked thread in the forum.

And on intrusive AV packages, the Trend package I use (doesn't seem to be used much in UK) had been behaving itself until the last major update, then I had to list RM as an exception for the first time.  Its next trick was when I just tried to send about 80 blind copies of an email to members of a group I am part of, in fact a number of such emails to reach all of them.  It's never been a problem before as long as I haven't gone over 100 addressees, which is the limit Outlook allows, and Outlook tells you if you breach that.  Trend decided it would block my emails with no advice it was doing so, just message fails emails back to me.  Do you think I can find any info about what it will and will not allow, how I can tell it to go jump in this instance, and how many people got or did not get my messages, because I know some did.  Don't like paying good money to get mucked about this way.

Apologies TWD, back on topic now.  Cannot understand how your resource.mdb file didn't contain all of your locos, unless it was an earlier version you had saved, or you hadn't actually saved your latest via an orderly shutdown of RM.  there simply doesn't seem to be anywhere else RM saves such info so it must be in that file.

Chissaf, thanks, thought i had arrived at my dotage. Teed, high, i gave you the date Norton, neutralised it, was some time ago. May be it was lying in wait. Does  Augustus system, show what viruses it has found and fixed, like mine does. It does give piece of mind. Have you had to clean all 4 machines, if so, bet you were popular. My norton is on  3 machines also, but due to Railway location, very infrequent  internet connection, as it means moving it. john

Archived